why doesnt verizon offer voLTE on the M8 when it clearly supports it. Even HTC agrees.
eriknors
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for a long time now and I've always had HTC phones due to their features and awesome build. Just recently though I noticed my M8 has an option in settings called "advanced calling" but when I try to enable it, all I get is an error. I've called Verizon more than once to try to find out the problem and they tell me that advanced calling 1.0 isn't available for the M8 with no explanation as to why. So I called HTC and they told me my phone does support voLTE it's just that Verizon does not have it available for my phone. But other carriers do. What's the deal here? I mean Verizon boasts itself as being the best network with the best coverage but it lacks support on certain devices. I don't think it's right to make people buy a new phone to use a feature that's available on an older device. The LG G2 has the capabilities of using voLTE and that device is 2 years older than the M8. Verizon needs to start giving us all features that are available for every device.

Labels (2)
Re: why doesnt verizon offer voLTE on the M8 when it clearly supports it. Even HTC agrees.
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps the older and better G2 had different hardware.  The G2 was the first phone to receive AC1.0 VoLTE anyway.

0 Likes