Re: 1.9 in Somerset, NJ
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, it Thursday and no update overnight.  I looked into it, and realized that the update for CA and TX was only on Sept 13.  It is unlikely they are going to push it to us just 1 week after a previous deployment.  Also, if Joe A made that statement on twitter, he must have removed it, as I cannot find it.  He does indicate that NJ is next, confirming what we thought, and that he is pleased with the progress of the CA/TX updates.  IF there are little problems out west, my guess is that if we are "lucky" we will get the update next week

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

The earliest most thought is next week.  At least one usually accurate person put it as the week after.

Joe A once before a few days meant 7 to 12 days.  And on Sep 20 replyied to "how long between market rollouts of 1.9a?"

"14-21 days (subject to change)", tj (Sep 20)

0 Likes
mikeofbergen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have no idea of who this Joe A is, but he clearly, clearly has no idea of what he is talking about or any credibility whatsoever. Any fool can predict week after week that it is coming soon.

0 Likes
wekurtz74
Enthusiast - Level 1

LOL.  Joe A is the director of product management for Verizon Fios.  http://twitter.com/#!/fiostv

0 Likes
mikeofbergen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, his word is no good. Best to say nothing if you do not know anything for sure. Speculation is for the user, not the corporation

0 Likes
michie1

I was told quite a while ago that it would early 2012. It's well after mid 2012 and still no sign of FiOS in our Somerset neighborhood. I'm going to contact our township and/or state rep to find out why there are no straight answers. It's all around our neighborhood - just not in my neighborhood. Smiley Mad

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

You may well ant to do as you say and check with both your local authorities.  If it is other areas around you, do you know if any neighbors have it.  If any do it might be a database error.  In that case have verizon comeout and check.  If not it is probably some hangup between Verizon and your local authorities or just that they are sill in the middle of installing the necessary optical cable. 

0 Likes