Re: 1.9 rollout
kcammie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked this same question a while back but got no response.  I guess we're far off and possibly on the bottom of the crop.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

They do it by DAC. 

Two Dacs are done (13 and 7)

Four to go.

VHOAreaDAC
1Carrolton, TX1
2Temple Terrace, FL7
3Pomona, CA1
3APalm Springs, CA1
4Silver Spring, MD3
5Queens, NY5
6Burlington, MA5
6AProvidence, RI5
7Freehold, NJ9
8Philadelphia, PA9
9Richmond, VA3
9ANorfolk, VA3
10INSold to Frontier
11Pittsburgh, PA7
12ORSold to Frontier
13WASold to Frontier
14Harrisburg, PA13
15Buffalo, NY13
15ASyracuse, NY13
15BAlbany, NY13

Some non-official sources say the remaining order is

DAC 1, 9, 5, and last 3.

0 Likes
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@Joe_Ambeault wrote:

"...With the strike and the hurricane getting more distant in our rear view mirror hoping to be done with all the boxes before Thanksgiving....

..Going west shortly after the holiday week... then back east again a few weeks later..."

Great idea! After everyone in the East is put through the ringer with the strike, delay the East Cost areas even more and move west instead.  

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@JustaGuy wrote:

@Joe_Ambeault wrote:

"...With the strike and the hurricane getting more distant in our rear view mirror hoping to be done with all the boxes before Thanksgiving....

..Going west shortly after the holiday week... then back east again a few weeks later..."

Great idea! After everyone in the East is put through the ringer with the strike, delay the East Cost areas even more and move west instead.  

The west, California and Texas, were already the next planned before the strike.  Originally planned the week of the strike.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Joe

Here we go again. I thought Coasters was a Jamie_Lee term. I sure am glad it is not just us Easters that get called Coasters. The Westers get called Coasters too.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for making me feel not so bad, but I don't think 3 is last, as mentioned by a user here.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@prisaz wrote:

Joe

Here we go again. I thought Coasters was a Jamie_Lee term. I sure am glad it is not just us Easters that get called Coasters. The Westers get called Coasters too.Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for making me feel not so bad, but I don't think 3 is last, as mentioned by a user here.

OK DAC and VHO I get confused. Multiple VHOs per DAC.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Razor512
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it highly unlikely that those of us in NY wil get the 1.9 update. I bet what they are planning is to release it everywhere else but NY then show off how non new yorkers will get a firmware that is more stable and works properly with wide screen tv's and doesn't freeze every few days and don't take 5 seconds to respond to a single button press.

I can imagine it now.

Meeting:

Hey I went to NY and tried to take the bus and the bus driver skipped the stop and I had to wait like an hour for the next bus.

Lets see how much they like it when they don't get the 1.9 update

*evil laughs*

=-=--==-

This is the only explanation as verizon is clearly able to update everyoen now if they wanted to. As other cable companies have done entiire country updates at the same time when the DRM for their DVR content gets cracked. and thats with older equipment.  Verizon should be able to use their newer servers to easily update everyone.

It also has nothing to do with call centers as if the firmware was designed to fix issues with the 1.8 firmware while also adding features, you wont have people calling in  so often wondering why their STB likes to crash and respond slowly

jesbec508
Enthusiast - Level 2

BRAVO, I AGREE.

0 Likes
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few weeks ago the "it's coming" message appeared on my main menu and then just after the strike ended it went away.  Today the message is back (VHO 1).   Who knows, maybe the "non-official" sources are correct?  I hope so as my wife is getting tired of me checking for "some stupid update" (as she puts it while laughing at me of course) every time I turn the TV on.

rentbox

I saw the same thing this morning.  Hopefully we'll see this update within a week or two. *crosses fingers*

Any input from Joe on this?

0 Likes