55" VIZIO Razor 3D LED LCD 1080p 240Hz SPS HDTV w/ Wi-Fi wont connect wirelessly (M3D550KD)
christian19882

Vizio TV wont connect wirelessly to my Verizon modem (m1424wr). What I have tried to make it work:

1. Entered the key, which I got from the back of the modem and entered it --> "unable to connect" that's the message I get on the TV

2. I reset all TV settings and went through the setup again --> unable to connect

3. I called Vizio and the support member ran me through the process of manual setup --> unable to connect

4. At that point I was thinking it might be an issue with the config inside the modem as the WIFI is showing up and the TV is detecting it --> the TV is asking for WPA, but the modem is set up for WPA - 2, now I don't know about WPA 2 --> WPA compatibility, but I tried to change it to WPA and its saving the settings just fine but after that my lap top is unable to connect wirelessly and I have to use the in home agent to reconnect. I am not even sure that's the issue.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Christian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 55" VIZIO Razor 3D LED LCD 1080p 240Hz SPS HDTV w/ Wi-Fi wont connect wirelessly (M3D550KD)
HolyCow3

Have you made sure your typing the password all capitals... WPA and WPA2 are case sentisitve unlike WEP

0 Likes
Re: 55" VIZIO Razor 3D LED LCD 1080p 240Hz SPS HDTV w/ Wi-Fi wont connect wirelessly (M3D550KD)
VzGnome

Also try just disabling wireless security on the router to see if it connects then you have narrowed your problem down to the encryption or key that is being entered.

0 Likes
christian19882

Thank you for the responses, I will try both suggestions as soon as I get home today and report back with results.

Thank you,

Christian

0 Likes
christian19882

I typed in the password with all capitals and same result. I was unable to find how to disable the security settings when looging on to my router.

0 Likes
VzGnome

router's home page -> Quick Link titled Change Wireless Settings

Disabling WPA/WPA2 requires that you enable WEP. This is by design to ensure some form of security is activated on the wireless connection. If you do not wish to use WEP, you can disable it after turning off WPA/WPA2

0 Likes
christian19882

Thank you for all the replies. After disabling WEP the TV did connect but I was still unable to access any apps, but I think thats another issue.

Now, after having determined that the TV does access the wireless when security is disabled but not when enabled, what does that mean?

Thank you,

Christian

0 Likes
ABN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar issue with my Vizio 47" LCD HDTV.  I had a static IP assignment that should have worked fine, but none of the apps worked.  I changed it to DHCP assignment and had it pull an IP from the router and BINGO, everything works fine.  It really shouldn't make a difference, but I'm guessing it's something to do with VIzio's software.

0 Likes