6416 and 6200 with 1.9 REALLY slow...
ak46
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi all,

Last night the 1.9 upgrade pushed to my 6416 and 6200.  (Massachusetts)  Everything is frustratingly slow.  In some cases opening the menu, DVR, or On Demand hangs the boxes for a minute or more.  When it doesn't hang moving through menus and screens, changing channels, etc are all significantly slower than 1.8.  (1.8 was no speed demon, but this is noticably worse!)  Anyone else seeing this?  Can anything be done?

Thanks all...

-ak

Labels (1)
Re: 6416 and 6200 with 1.9 REALLY slow...
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

That seems abnormally slow, even for a 6-series box.  I did experience some slowness on my 7232 box for a few hours immediately after 1.9 was loaded on to it last night. It seems you are experiencing the same thing.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Try to power cycle the boxes?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I would make the effort to get 7 series boxes.  I know it is not convenient but at times the old hardware just does not cut it with all the new capabilities 1.9 introduces.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@nascar wrote:

I would make the effort to get 7 series boxes.  I know it is not convenient but at times the old hardware just does not cut it with all the new capabilities 1.9 introduces.

True, but I have been discouraged to make that statement. Running 1.9 on a QIP-6xxx or 2500 is like XP or Vista on a Pentium 3. IMHO.Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

The only way to solve your problem is to get rid of those boxes. 

Verizon is really doing a huge disservice to their customers by releasing the 1.9 software when quite a bit of the hardware out in the field cannot handle it.  My 6416 was nearly crippled after getting "upgraded".  I was only able to get a 7216 since my area is apparently wiped out of the newest boxes, but the 7216 performs much better than the 6416. 

Now the upgrade "experience" was another thing.  If you go to a store, make sure they do the paperwork right.  It took me 2.5 hours on the phone to get the box activated because the system thought the box was in transit, and that was only because one employee decided to step up and make sure it got fixed.  Before that I was just being transferred everywhere.