Clarity on DVR Options
Volgroth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently VZ FIOS offers a multi room setup for 1 DVR to talk to multiple STBs for $19.99 (+ 9.99 / STB).

I have read that one of the features of IMG 1.9 will be that DVRs will be able to share content back and forth.  Thus making them pooled storage across multiple DVRs.

Having multiple DVRs allows you to pause live TV as well as spread around recording.

Is the multi room DVR option going away?  Is it a better option to get multiple DVRs for $14.99/month?

What are options going to be like in the post IMG 1.9 world?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Clarity on DVR Options
nascar
Master - Level 1
You need Multi Room DVR on your account and then you have the included multi hub ability.  You need at least 2 DVR's and then they are multi-hub(ed) which allows DVR to DVR content sharing amongst all boxes including DVR's. 
@Volgroth wrote:

Currently VZ FIOS offers a multi room setup for 1 DVR to talk to multiple STBs for $19.99 (+ 9.99 / STB).

I have read that one of the features of IMG 1.9 will be that DVRs will be able to share content back and forth.  Thus making them pooled storage across multiple DVRs.

Having multiple DVRs allows you to pause live TV as well as spread around recording.

Is the multi room DVR option going away?  Is it a better option to get multiple DVRs for $14.99/month?

What are options going to be like in the post IMG 1.9 world?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Clarity on DVR Options
dmodert66

The Multi Hub option is fantastic.  You will love it.  One feature I didn't know would work.  I was watching TV on my computer (via an HD STB (not DVR) and wanted to record something.  I clicked the "Record" button, and the guide asked me which DVR I would like to record it on (I have 2 7232s).  This worked flawlessly, and I hadn't seen it mentioned as a feature of 1.9.

0 Likes