Closed captions problem
crazypaul

I have a 55" 16:9 TV so I use a HD setting for IMG but the closed captions are stretched too wide. I tried s SD setting and CC looks much better. I like HD IMG better but not CC.  Is there any way I can fix it? Should not there be a seperate graphic setting for IMG and CC?  Is it possible for Verizon to fix this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Closed captions problem
Justin46
Legend

@crazypaul wrote:

I have a 55" 16:9 TV so I use a HD setting for IMG but the closed captions are stretched too wide. I tried s SD setting and CC looks much better. I like HD IMG better but not CC.  Is there any way I can fix it? Should not there be a seperate graphic setting for IMG and CC?  Is it possible for Verizon to fix this issue?

Have you tried adjusting the various font settings, such as font size and style? If not, you can find them under:

Menu ==> Settings ==> Accessibility ==> Closed Captions

My options are all set to Auto, so yours may be too. It can't hurt to experiment.

Maybe this will help.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
crazypaul

Yes, I did but it doesn't help. CC is stretched too wide (on 55" all the way from left side to right side causes eyesore) because of HD setting for IMG so all I can do is set IMG to SD and CC looks much better that way.

If you try both SD and HD IMG with CC turned on, you will know what I am talking about.  I told my son about it and he said that it's because both IMG and CC are graphics. I think Verizon needs to fix it ASAP so HD setting for IMG should not affect CC.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@crazypaul wrote:

Yes, I did but it doesn't help. CC is stretched too wide (on 55" all the way from left side to right side causes eyesore) because of HD setting for IMG so all I can do is set IMG to SD and CC looks much better that way.

If you try both SD and HD IMG with CC turned on, you will know what I am talking about.  I told my son about it and he said that it's because both IMG and CC are graphics. I think Verizon needs to fix it ASAP so HD setting for IMG should not affect CC.

I have tried both, yes there does appear to be some difference but to me it seems very small. CC is no where near all the way across when I have Graphic Settings set to HD on my TV; very rarely did it ever cover more than 50% of the screen width during my testing, sometimes it was left justified and sometimes centered. Changing the Font Size to Small did seem to make it less overwhelming in either HD or SD.

But then again I do not normally use CC so I am not someone whose opinion should probably count on this issue, yours is what matters. Smiley Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
SebastianView

Hi crazypaul Almost 3 yeasrs later, I have the same issue, I understand you. Could you ever find a fix?

0 Likes