FIOS 1.9a rolling out
tns
Master - Level 2

Since the previous thread on 1.9 is now locked, I thought I started a new one to discusss any technical issues with 1.9a.  Various people in the the same DCA that had previously gotten 1.9 have said they 1.9a arrived overnight or sometime today.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: FIOS 1.9a rolling out
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The question is now, has the roll out of 1.9a actually started?

I've already got my eSATA drive ready and waiting.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@smtenney wrote:

The question is now, has the roll out of 1.9a actually started?

I've already got my eSATA drive ready and waiting.

Yes.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Rolled out to Albany, Buffalo,Harrisburg, and Syracuse. (DAC 13?).  People in Florida and Pittsburg (dac 7?) are reporting getting messages about it coming.  One person in Florida says he was told July 6.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I'm in FL.  When I press the menu button, there's a note at the very top of the screen that says it's almost here... a new FIOS is coming or something along those lines.  No other info listed.  I understand that FL is probably next, so I will post if/when we get it.  Looking forward to it!

0 Likes
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you do get some sort of a notice that it's about to happen?  I'm in the DC suburbs in MD.  I haven't seen anything, but it's good to know what to look for.  It would be better to have an idea what the roll out is.

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

The only notice was at the top of the screen when pressing the menu button.  And it's very generic.  No mention of what new FIOS is coming or when.  It's not a message that can be clicked on and it's not listed in the messages section.  It looks like a small ad at the very top.  I'm just assuming it has to do with 1.9a.  I first noticed it on Friday, but I'm not sure how long it's been there since I don't go to the menu very often.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@BrianC wrote:

The only notice was at the top of the screen when pressing the menu button.  And it's very generic.  No mention of what new FIOS is coming or when.  It's not a message that can be clicked on and it's not listed in the messages section.  It looks like a small ad at the very top.  I'm just assuming it has to do with 1.9a.  I first noticed it on Friday, but I'm not sure how long it's been there since I don't go to the menu very often.

Some in Pittsburgh reported getting 1.9a.  How about you in Florida?

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

I received it here this morning in Tampa.  I heard my SD box click off early in the morning, then I saw it when it clicked back on.   Watched it for a few mins around 430am.  But then my SD box clicked again and it has an error and won't turn on.  Just checked my HD DVR in the living room and it doesn't have 1.9.  Not sure if they were trying to pull it back or what.  Will have to call.  Anyway, it looks like Tampa is a go.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

The update didn't go well in Pittsburgh and Tampa.  Every box in those areas are being rolled back to 1.8.

@BrianC wrote:

I received it here this morning in Tampa.  I heard my SD box click off early in the morning, then I saw it when it clicked back on.   Watched it for a few mins around 430am.  But then my SD box clicked again and it has an error and won't turn on.  Just checked my HD DVR in the living room and it doesn't have 1.9.  Not sure if they were trying to pull it back or what.  Will have to call.  Anyway, it looks like Tampa is a go.

0 Likes