Feature Request - Bring back the show progress bar
shadow715
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just in case Verizon is looking for suggestions here, can you please bring back the progress bar that was behind the start/end times in the guide? In the current guide, there is no quick graphical cue to represent how much time has progressed in the selected show. Yes, you can look at the start, end, and current times, but when browsing through shows that start/end at different times, it really slows browsing down.

I've uploaded two images to illustrate the issue.

The first image below is a screenshot of the v1.9 guide. The second image is a mock-up that shows the feature that I am talking about. Note the progress bar for the currently selected show in the guide that appears behind the start and end times ("7:35 AM - 9:30 AM" on the right side of the screen, in the middle).

This was available in the previous guide, but was omitted in 1.9. It is a very useful feature. Please bring it back.

(NOTE: The white progress bar at the top of the screen does NOT represent the progress through the show selected in the guide. It just shows the current time.)

Labels (1)
Re: Feature Request - Bring back the show progress bar
tns
Master - Level 2

Its now a white bar neart the top, rather than a little triangle just above the hi-lighted show. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@shadow715 wrote:

The first image below is a screenshot of the v1.9 guide. The second image is a mock-up that shows the feature that I am talking about. Note the progress bar for the currently selected show in the guide that appears behind the start and end times ("7:35 AM - 9:30 AM" on the right side of the screen, in the middle).

This was available in the previous guide, but was omitted in 1.9. It is a very useful feature. Please bring it back.

(NOTE: The white progress bar at the top of the screen does NOT represent the progress through the show selected in the guide. It just shows the current time.)

I'm sorry, but I just do not see the benefit of the elapsed time thing you propose. What difference does it make to see some kind of indicator how far into the program you are? You can't change where you are, you are there, period.

But if you really, really want to know:

1) Just look at the start time and end time shown in the current program in the middle, and look at the TOD shown at the top, and estimate where you are.

- or -

2) Hit the Info button once and see a bar that definitively shows how far in you are.

Could you please explain why you think having that feature is so useful? I just don't see it.

Thanks.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

It's obvious it shows how much of the current program passed by, the current time does not show any ratio of show length to actual time.

Why must you thread crap on the OP when he finds a feature useful, and so do I, and you never noticed it before?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I found it useful as well.  The timeline at top is useless.

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I knew I only missed a bit of the beginning.  Useful.

0 Likes
shadow715
Enthusiast - Level 2

@tns wrote:

Its now a white bar neart the top, rather than a little triangle just above the hi-lighted show. 

As I mentioned in my original post, that white bar is NOT the progress in the selected show in the guide, but just a representation of the CURRENT time.

If it were the selected show's progress bar in the screenshot above, it would be about halfway full.

0 Likes
shadow715
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just do not see the benefit of the elapsed time thing you propose. What difference does it make to see some kind of indicator how far into the program you are? You can't change where you are, you are there, period.

Our primary use of that indicator is when we are browsing the guide to see what is on, NOT to view the current program. As such, the progress of the show may be a significant factor in whether we choose to switch channels or not.

The primary usage of that bar is when we are scanning the guide. If all the shows in the guide started at the same time and were the same length, it wouldn't be a problem. However, when "guide surfing", having to determine the progress into each show slows things down considerably.

In as much as you "don't see the benefit", it's no different than the "Page Down" / "Page Up" buttons or the "30 sec skip"; functions that aren't needed, but are nice to have.

Also not that I am not saying that I expect everyone to use the feature, just that it would be nice to have this particular UI element which was available in the previous guide version return in a future update.

0 Likes
tightlines2
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes please bring this feature back - why take it away and now with the worlds slowest version of the guide - knowing the progress of the highlighted show in the guide becomes even more critical
0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Have you put this suggestion in the correct forum?  I.e.the share ideas with verizon http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

0 Likes