Gateway Offline for Days Now
citrus1

I have not been able to log into my home monitor for 3 days. I receive a message that the gateway is off line. So When I click on the troublshoot link, it opens a window with a list of things to check like - is it plugged in? is the ethernet cable connected? etc...

While kinda obvious, I understand those are the first things to check. Theres one problem - I am In NY and the house I want to monitor is in Florida. The whole purpose of installing the system was so that I could monitor it from "anywhere" as the promos claim. Well how am I supposed to remotely troublshoot the unit? I am not about to jump on a plane to see if the darn thing is plugged in. Theres no reason anything has changed since I left the house. I was viewing it for about 3 days making sure it was working, and everything was fine. Now I have nothing and it seens there is nothing I can do about it until I go back down to Florida. Not much home monitoring going on here. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gateway Offline for Days Now
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Have you contacted our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/ ?

0 Likes
citrus1

Thanks I'll do that. I thought that I may get some answers here that is why I posted this here. I thought that others may have a solution for me or I assumed that verizon participated in these forums to help out. Thanks for the link, I'll go there.

0 Likes
PMD3
Contributor - Level 1

I should trade places with you. I'm in Florida and my unit in New York State isn't working. I know what caused my problem though. I put my account on vacation setting. The person at Verizon who did it told me the HM&C would still work. However it stopped working as soon as the vacation settings kicked in. After a number of phone calls it turns out the HM&C needs Internet service to work but apparently they forgot to tell the people at the call center that.

So if your internet is out at your home that would prevent it from working. You could try calling the Verizon 800# and ask them to check if your internet is active as a start. I think they can reset that for you if it's not. 

0 Likes
techmasterflash
Contributor - Level 1

I think this is a perfect palce to post this message. How else would you know that it isn't just isolated to you? Verizon did a firmware upgrade that went horribly wrong. If you look at your Gateway's activity it will say it is on and offline a dozen times an hour. It doesn't recognize any of the devices since it can't communicate with them. Hard reset and power cycling don't work. The fix will have to come from them. I'm on day 3 and I have been told to be patient, which I will. I have to be, I vested $400 in hardware. Hope it gets fixed soon and lives up to its potential. - Derek

After posting this reply, I now see your issue was weeks ago. Use this email as reference if it happens again 😉

0 Likes
GrahamC

Did you regain access to your home monitoring?

I have been unable to access mine via the internet for several hours.  "Server busy, try again later"  "Timeout" or just "not accessible".

It happened after I tried to access a light dimmer using my FIOS TV box.

I don't know if that was the cause or not.

0 Likes