Got 1.9 last night, How to enable Multi-Hub?
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Hi,

In N. Texas and got 1.9 last night on all 3 x 7232s.

Now, I want to enable Multi-Hub.

I went to the menu on one of the boxes and saw the new menu item 'Enable Multi-Hub', so I picked it.

It said I needed to enable MRDVR first. (so, first, why not just take me to that screen and complete that operation first if that is required and second, do I need to pay for both MRDVR AND Multi-Hub just to have Multi-Hub?) But anyway, I went back to the Menu and selected 'Enable MRDVR'. That came back and said that since I do not have any non-DVR STBs (which is true, I do not), I am not eligible for MRDVR.

OK

Without MRDVR I can't get Multi-HUB.

How do I get Multi-HUB for my 3 DVRs?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Got 1.9 last night, How to enable Multi-Hub?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Muti room is required for multi hub to work.  You will have to pay for only one of the DVRs to be multi room and then the multi hub function should work.

Agreed that better documentation would be helpful.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

So how do I get Multi-Room without non-DVR STBs? The menu item won't allow that.

0 Likes
id2nv2nj2ca3
Enthusiast - Level 3

So glad I am not the only one.  Here's my story, after "breaking the news" yesterday that 1.9 was coming to So. Cal. early this morning. I woke up to find it had indeed arrived.  YAY!!! I thought.  The first thing I do is try to hook up my external hard drive, the main feature I was waiting for, for months and months.  The one I was told would work when my install occurred because I was promised the newest DVR (which I got)  and the 1.9 software which would allow it.  Guess what?  It DOESN'T freaking work.  No biggie, I had taken the hard drive to a computer repair place to have it reformatted and wiped clean of the 150+ hours of recordings I had from when it was hooked up to my DirecTv DVR.......that never failed from the moment I hooked it up.  He told me he partitioned it so my computer could recognize it.  I thought that might be the problem, so I was prepared to take it back to the computer guy and have him un-partition it (if that's even a computer term).  More on this later.

OK, so with project one a complete failure, I move on to make sure that all my boxes (two 7232 DVR's and one QIP 7100-2) recognize each other and I can watch anything recorded on either DVR on any of my three sets.  Again, complete failure.  Error messages saying please try again later, messages saying I don't have MRDVR on my account, messages saying there is no network connectivity, messages saying to go to Menu>DVR>Add MRDVR, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.  Do I sound bitter enough yet?  Wait, it gets better.

I KNEW I had MRDVR added to my account and was paying for it every month even though I couldn't use it without the 1.9 IMG software, because I logged onto my account and saw it right there on the billing detail.  So, what is someone so overly enthusiastic about something so trivial supposed to do?  Well, this guy decides to click the ole support tab and go to "Live Chat".  Almost 2 1/2 hours later and chatting with tech guy  #1 and Supervisor #2 (both of which English is a 2nd language at best) and Billing support #1 to "verify" MRDVR was on my account, nothing works and now I get the privelege of waiting (potentially) all morning tomorrow for a tech to show up and "fix it all".  Yay!!!!!

Before we ended the chat, he assured me that my external DVR would be made to work by the tech, and the fact that the computer guy had partitioned the hard drive would have NO effect on it being recognized and working.  Any takers and whether that is correct or not?

I should have a busted heel from kicking my own behind so hard for ever listening to a Verizon rep when they first told me I would get the latest DVR and software.  UNBELEIVABLE!!

Best of luck to you, other person having the same issue with your Multi-Hub not working. 🙂

And to those people saying the guide is practically impossible to read and demanding the ability to go back to the old one, I don't know what the heck you are looking at, but I think the new "guide" looks fabulous.  Now if Fios will just catch up with the rest of the DVR world and implement some of the wonderful things DirecTv and I'm sure others offer, that would be awesome as well.

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also having problems with getting muti-hub to work on the 7216. Getting the same message about needing to enable MRDVR even though I am already subscribed to it.

0 Likes
iluvink
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had MRDVR option for a long time....with 1.9, uploaded last night, it says I don't have it..but I am paying for it, and have for a long time...**bleep**???  BUT...I do like to upgrade, in the overall..

0 Likes
TechMike
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  Seems the problem has to do with resetting the DVRs to see the changes.  I sent a message via DSL Reports forum Verizon Direct and a tech called me about 1 hour later and asked if he could reset my DVRs.  After reset, I named both units and refreshed - everything works.  You should be able to reset the units yourself via the website or VZ Home Agent.  Someone else reported that when they did the reset the eSATA port worked then.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

OK, it took a call to tech spuuort to get MR-DVR enabled. Once that was done I was able to enable Multi-Hub.

Named all the DVRs and everything seems to be working just fine.

0 Likes
id2nv2nj2ca3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just an update.  Perhaps if I would have tried to "call" tech support instead of "chat" with them and waste 2 1/2 hours of my time, it would have been a much better day yesterday.  After reading a response to my posting on the thread about 1.9 coming to So. Ca., I decided to give everything a try again, and EVERYTHING is working.  I can access both DVR's from any of my three boxes, and my external hard drive is working on my main T.V.  Now I have to buy another hard drive and enclosure for my wife's DVR since I have to use her box to record things that won't record on mine because of the 2 channels at a time limit.  Verizon, when will you have the ability to record 4 channels at once?

0 Likes
Geo25
Enthusiast - Level 3

Multi-hub is now working for me. I didn't call a tech, I just tried again tonight and it activated. Yay!

0 Likes