HP C310a printer connection problem to Verizon Actiontech wireless router
Mriley183
Having trouble connecting my new HP C310a printer to the Verizon Actiontech wireless router. Tech help says that the router is not compatible. Is that true? Printer troubleshooting states there may be a problem with MAC address enabled but router settings show that it is disabled. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HP C310a printer connection problem to Verizon Actiontech wireless router
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Mriley183 wrote:
Having trouble connecting my new HP C310a printer to the Verizon Actiontech wireless router. Tech help says that the router is not compatible. Is that true? Printer troubleshooting states there may be a problem with MAC address enabled but router settings show that it is disabled. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Can you be more specific as to the error you are receiving, as well as any troubleshooting steps you have tried? Can it see the wireless network but not connect, or can it not even see the network?

0 Likes
Mriley183
Hi. Thanks for responding! the troubleshooting print out says: Wireless On. Pass Wireless Working. Pass Network Name (SSID) Found. Pass Security Pass Printer Settings Consistent with Router Settings. Pass No Filtering. Fail Connected. Not Run then it suggests that the MAC address filtering may be enabled and tha I should add the printer address if I want to keep enabled. The MAC address filtering is disabled Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!
0 Likes
Hokiedad2
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Mriley183,

I assume you are trying to connect wirelessly. Have you tried connecting via network cable?

By the way, MAC address filtering is not an effective security strategy and should be left disabled.

UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Mriley183 wrote:
Hi. Thanks for responding! the troubleshooting print out says: Wireless On. Pass Wireless Working. Pass Network Name (SSID) Found. Pass Security Pass Printer Settings Consistent with Router Settings. Pass No Filtering. Fail Connected. Not Run then it suggests that the MAC address filtering may be enabled and tha I should add the printer address if I want to keep enabled. The MAC address filtering is disabled Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!

That's odd. If MAC Address filtering were enabled, the printer wouldn't even be able to see the network, much less join it. But the test report you posted suggests the printer can both see and join the network.

jmcguoirk
Enthusiast - Level 3

Router compatability is a non issue.

Give your printer a static IP address outside the range of the DHCP.

Then depending on the OS, add the IP printer with the address you assigned.

This should solve your problem.

0 Likes