Home Fusion topology and port forwarding
cjrhea
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've seen lots of posts on Verizon's FIOS service, but almost nothing about their new Home Fusion service (using a 4G LTE antenna + wireless router).

1. Can someone please explain what the real network topology is with this service?  It seems like the antenna, coax

interface and wireless router are each intelligent entities and have their own network addresses/settings/etc.  The instruction manual doesn't have a lot of detail (consumer market). For example, it appears I have two DHCP servers-- one

on the HBA (Home broadband antenna) and one on the HBR (home broadband router).

2. I'm trying to get simple port-forwarding to work.

• I have the DNS service set up to sent my external IP address to dyndns.org (seems to be working).
  • I have the firewall set to "medium".
  • I have port-forwarding set for tcp/22 (SSH) to an IP address on my network.

I've verified that the machine will accept SSH connections (connected via one of the other machines on my home

network), but I just get timeouts if I try to connect remotely.

The manual just has these basic steps, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm missing.  The destination host has a fixed IP address

(in the range of one of the DHCP servers).

Thanks--

-- Cris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home Fusion topology and port forwarding
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi cjrhea

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you

AnnieS

0 Likes