How to do DHCP reservations with Actiontec MI424WR, Rev F router?
three_jeeps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want to configure my webcam and verizon router to assign an  ip address to the camera (via DHCP) but maintain the same IP address using DHCP reservations.   My questions are:

1) Should I configure my camera to be receive an address via DHCP?

2) How do I ensure that once the camera is seen by the router that the router will reserve the address it has assigned to the camera and keep it in the event of a power cycle? e.g. what screens on the router do I need to look at and what parameters need to be set?)

3) Assume that I have 2 or more similar devices that I would like to keep "grouped" in a certain IP address range, i.e. cam1 is 192.168.1.50, cam2 is 192.168.1.51, etc.   How can I configure the router to enforce this?

Thanks muchly for some guidance....

-J

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to do DHCP reservations with Actiontec MI424WR, Rev F router?
ABN1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can make static assignments under Advanced -> IP Address Distribution -> Connection List -> New Static Connection.  Add in a hostname, IP address, and MAC address and you'll be set.

Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
searingxheretic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just figured this out myself, but if your device is already connected to the router, follow these steps:

Log into your actiontec settings > advanced > IP address distribution > Connection List

Click on the "Edit" icon next to the device that you want to make static

Click on the "Static Lease Type" checkbox

Click Apply

Your device will now be assigned the IP address that it was already connected as.

Hope that helps!

I had to figure it out in order to assign port forwarding.