In-Home Agent
Justin46
Legend

My experience with In-Home Agent has not been good (attached is a PDF with my most recent experience if you are interested). So, is In-Home Agent currently being enhanced? If so, can you give me any idea of what new features we might see soon? I think the concept of In-Home Agent is great, but the current implementation leaves a lot to be desired (that is about as nicely as I can say it  Smiley Very Happy ).

Thanks for any info you are willing to provide.

Labels (1)
Re: In-Home Agent
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Justin,

First, of all, I am glad you are a happy FiOS customer.  I am sorry to hear you have had problems with using your In Home Agent.  We have about 1.2 million customer using in Home Agent without any issues.  We appreciate you detailing the issues you have been having and would like to get back with you after this session is over.

We are continually making changes/improvements to our self-service tools including the In-Home Agent.  What kind of enhancements would you like to see?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Patrick,

I would love to hear from you or anybody else regarding In-Home Agent. However, maybe I should explain a little bit. I am just an inveterate experimenter after spending 37 years in the computer business, lots and lots of testing of new hardware and software, etc, now retired. So when I see something new, I like to try it out. And that is what I have done with In-Home Agent, I really have never had a need for it, my FiOS services plain and simple work, have from the beginning.

I have no specific ideas of what could be added, but what I do see is a need to fix what is now broken, and deliver what is promised (ie, I really thought I might find something useful when I went to the STB section, instead it appears to offer only the user guide, and then failed at even that). Now, maybe if I could feel confident that it would not screw up my working environment when I selected various areas, I might be able to suggest some enhancements Smiley Very Happy

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

Patrick,

I would love to hear from you or anybody else regarding In-Home Agent. However, maybe I should explain a little bit. I am just an inveterate experimenter after spending 37 years in the computer business, lots and lots of testing of new hardware and software, etc, now retired. So when I see something new, I like to try it out. And that is what I have done with In-Home Agent, I really have never had a need for it, my FiOS services plain and simple work, have from the beginning.

I have no specific ideas of what could be added, but what I do see is a need to fix what is now broken, and deliver what is promised (ie, I really thought I might find something useful when I went to the STB section, instead it appears to offer only the user guide, and then failed at even that). Now, maybe if I could feel confident that it would not screw up my working environment when I selected various areas, I might be able to suggest some enhancements Smiley Very Happy

Justin glad to hear that you are happy with your FiOS services and have not had any issues.   We do appreciate your interest and feedback around In Home Agent and will bring your comments and recommendations back to our develop team. 

You made a lot of good points in your post, but relative to the optimization comment the In Home Agent will recommend Optimization based on the service tier that your subscribed to.  Have you run the optimization routine within In Home Agent?

0 Likes
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

Patrick,

Justin

I should also mention that the Auto Fix Set Top Box Function in In-Home-Agent actually will reprogram the Set Top Box so that its authorized for all of the subscribed services.   So In Home Agent will fix any out of sync issues from a programming perspective.

I did post some additional information regarding In Home Agent regarding its full capabilities just in case your interested in more information regarding this tool.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Justin glad to hear that you are happy with your FiOS services and have not had any issues.   We do appreciate your interest and feedback around In Home Agent and will bring your comments and recommendations back to our develop team. 

You made a lot of good points in your post, but relative to the optimization comment the In Home Agent will recommend Optimization based on the service tier that your subscribed to.  Have you run the optimization routine within In Home Agent?

I tried it with earlier levels of the In-Home Agent, it never worked. And without some info on what it will do with Windows 7 settings I am unwilling to have it possibly mess up what appears to currently be perfectly acceptable performance. And from what I have read, really in Windows 7 there are no optimization options needed for downloads, and maybe not for uploads. And I think my consistent performance measurements verify that. Now if someone can explain to me that I am wrong, and tell me what options it is going to modify (and how to set them back if they make things worse), I would be willing to give it a try.

Again, I am subscribed to 25/15, currently consistently getting 30/24, so I really don't understand why I would even want to try the optimization.

Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Justin

I wanted to thank you once again for raising these points.  During our session this morning our development team has been looking into some of the items you raised and they just informed me that they did identify a bug related to the Set Top Box functionality.  We found that several manuals were missing.

Our developers are all over this and will have it fixed shortly.

Thank you once again for helping us identify an issue with this tool.  We really appreciate user feedback that allows us to improve our service tools.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Justin

I should also mention that the Auto Fix Set Top Box Function in In-Home-Agent actually will reprogram the Set Top Box so that its authorized for all of the subscribed services.   So In Home Agent will fix any out of sync issues from a programming perspective.

I did post some additional information regarding In Home Agent regarding its full capabilities just in case your interested in more information regarding this tool.

Thanks!

OK. I actually knew that, but since I have never experienced that issue, I have never tried to use it for that.

Patrick, I appreciate your interest, and I really do think the concept of In-Home Agent is great. And if most users are finding it useful and it  works, great. I am just pointing out that for me, what little I have tried, didn't work very well or at all, on the latest level of In--Home Agent.

Justin46
Legend

@Patrick_Smith wrote:

Justin

I wanted to thank you once again for raising these points.  During our session this morning our development team has been looking into some of the items you raised and they just informed me that they did identify a bug related to the Set Top Box functionality.  We found that several manuals were missing.

Our developers are all over this and will have it fixed shortly.

Thank you once again for helping us identify an issue with this tool.  We really appreciate user feedback that allows us to improve our service tools.

Thanks!

Wow, that is quick! Great!