Menus Hang or are Slow with IMG 1.9 - How About You?
BF

Menus Hang or are Slow with IMG 1.9

I have a 7216 HD/DVR.

The menus did not hang (i.e. will not respond to remote for 10+ sec) before IMG 1.9.

The DVR acts like it just can’t see the commands coming from the remote.

The menus typically hang when you try to delete a recorded program right after you viewed it.

After reading this forum I know I am NOT Alone.

So VERIZON…..  Care to Provide any Support….. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ?

Note:  If the new IMG 1.9 update substantially reduces the usability of your Verizon service…. Legally you would be entitled to cancel your services with no penalty fees.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Menus Hang or are Slow with IMG 1.9 - How About You?
prisaz
Legend

I do not want to insult your intelligence, but have you tried new batteries in your remote?

I have the same issues with response from my 7232 when the batteries get low. The response from the 7xxx series boxes has been reported to be quite good as compaired to the 2500 or 6xxx.

Last year when 1.8 hit, my 2500 boxes did not do well, so I went with the HMDVR deal with all HD. They worked quite well even on my SD TVs.

0 Likes
Re: Menus Hang or are Slow with IMG 1.9 - How About You?
RossHilbert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the "upgrade" several weeks ago, the performance of the IMG is 2 to 3 times slower than the previous version. There is a serious lag after every button press before the interface responds. It is painful to scroll through the channel listing.

0 Likes