Network camera installation
ichelleo

I installed a Panasonic BL-C210 Network Camera and can view the picture on my home network, but I cannot finish the set-up to view the video over the internet (error message: Failed to configure the router's Port Forwarding by UPnP).  I have enabled UPnP and my guess is that there is an issue with port forwarding, but I haven't been able to figure it out.  My router is a Westell 7500 (A90-750015-07).  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network camera installation
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Log-in to the router's UI controls.

#2 In the router go to Advanced -> IP Address Distribution.

#3 What is the DHCP Range?

#4 In the router go to Advanced -> UPnP OR go to  Advanced -> Universal Plug and Play (which ever exist in your router).

#5 What is the current setting, set to?

#6 Do you have at least two special computers that support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) where you can not define the ports that they use?

A perfect example. At least two game consoles. Any two (Two Xboxes, two Playstations, One Xbox and one Playstation).

#7 If you have at least two special computers that support UPnP where you can not define the ports that they use: Do only use one at a time OR are there times when at least two are on?

#8 In the router go to System Monitoring -> Gateway Status

#9 Record down the IP Address there but do not post it.

#10 Go to https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

#11 In the same paragraph as

There is no standard governing the format of these machine names, so this is not something we can automatically determine for you.

is an IP Address,

#12 The IP Address in the router (at step 9) is the same as the IP Address as shown at that site (at step 11)?

0 Likes