Re: New Channel Guide
irbrenda
Contributor - Level 1

Not only am I totally confused and feel like I'm vision impaired, but the update messed up my non HD channels which now have the pretty black bars on top.  I finally learned how to get rid of them on channels 140-210, and now they are back.  Called tech support and my video settings are already set to "stretch" so that was not the answer.  I guess I have to watch my stuff on HD.  

I build and repair computers and my theory is exactly as stated above: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  At least I would have liked the option of leaving the old firmware as is.  I had no problems at all.  I do now.  

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Sushi-girl

Verizon sent out the VZ Mag showing the new software was coming.  They also sent out emails to the user community showing the new software was coming and what it looked like.  

I have had it for many months and don't exhibit any of the problems mentioned.  I like it a lot along with new features 1.9 offers.  For example I can record/delete shows from my other STB's.

Jim

0 Likes
Serious1

The new guide would be good for people who want less information and a smaller view of the program they are watching when they press guide.   Even the old guide covered up too much of the screen when you switch channels.  A small translucent display of the channel number in one of the upper corners would be sufficient.   I really would like to see the score of the game, the news scroll or other broadcast information when I switch channels.  I'll use the information key when I need more.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Under Television - channel guide you can select half view of the channel guide or even choose miniguide.

0 Likes
trichards1

What's up with this new guide and why didn't anyone tell me that it was changing? Thanks for the warning, Ive been trying to change it for the past hour thinking my boyfriend hit a wrong button somewhere. I hate it and I want the old one back please! I pay enough every month to you that you should give us options to choose from, not decide for us. Pleeeeaaassseee give me my guide back!!!

0 Likes
Unguided

Using the new channel guide is like retuning to the days of dial-up internet.  Press the buttons on the remote to check for future programs - and wait.  And wait.  And wait.  Then it will start to scroll - where it stops, nobody knows.  In time, I will probably come to appreciate the slow operation of this new system - because the poorly contrasting colors make it so hard to read.  

One of the best features of Fios TV was the channel guide.  Now it is an eyesore.  Someone must have had a baby, and decided to impose pastel colors on everybody.  Did anyone test this system before implementing it?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@Customer456 wrote:

The new guide is horrible, both in functionality and appearance. The “Cursor Left” quick menu is gone, the foggy baby blue with white lettering is hard to see, the additional graphics cause the system to lag and be slow. In short you took a guide that finally started to work and have good functionality and turned it into some preschool, ill designed, buggy mess… And yes like most everyone else here I want the old one back…

The Quick Menu has been moved to the right arrow button.

0 Likes