New Guide
Fentex
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I hate, hate, hate the new guide!  I just have the regular set top box. No high def, no DVR. The other night I was in bed and turned on the tv, then the guide, so I could find something that would make me fall asleep. I couldn't even read it. It IS all washed out! Colors are way to light. I tried for at least an hour to set it so I could read it without glasses, witch normally I could. I don't wear glasses to bed!

Later that morning I checked on the main tv . Found out that it too had been changed,I wasn't dreaming. Only 4 station's show at once and when you want to scroll fast, well forget that! Takes long to scroll 4 channels at a time.

Really! I hate it. It's like going backwards. Maybe I should go backwards too and go back to Comcast!

Labels (1)
Re: New Guide
nascar
Master - Level 1

SD or HD TV?   There is a setting in Settings, after you hit Menu on the remote, to make it "readable" based on the TV.

Fentex wrote:

Ok, I hate, hate, hate the new guide!  I just have the regular set top box. No high def, no DVR. The other night I was in bed and turned on the tv, then the guide, so I could find something that would make me fall asleep. I couldn't even read it. It IS all washed out! Colors are way to light. I tried for at least an hour to set it so I could read it without glasses, witch normally I could. I don't wear glasses to bed!

Later that morning I checked on the main tv . Found out that it too had been changed,I wasn't dreaming. Only 4 station's show at once and when you want to scroll fast, well forget that! Takes long to scroll 4 channels at a time.

Really! I hate it. It's like going backwards. Maybe I should go backwards too and go back to Comcast!

0 Likes
joker21
Enthusiast - Level 2

We all agree with you the new 1.9 guide is awful. My TVs are the same as yours.  You can try the following new setting to help you read your guide.  It will not change the hard to read colors,but it will enarge the guide screen.  Although you will lose viewable times.  So from 2 to 3 hour guide to just 1 hour.  Anyway try the following.  If you do not like it.  Just switch back

1) Click Menu

2) go to  SETTINGS

3) go to VIDEO SETTINGS

4)  go to GRAPHICS SETTINGS

5) Choose the SD graphic setting

Hope this helps you.  The default is for HD and since your tv is SD.  This is part of the problem.

I wish I had instructions to change the box back to old format lol

oldgoldtop

My family agrees about the colors in this new information/guide format...it is difficult to read with insufficient contrast and takes up too much space when the info bar is displayed when channel surfing. The search is OK when using our 55" TV's but on smaller sets in bedrooms it is not so clear. I suggests remotes have dedicated "search" button instead of assigning the "B" button. I have been unable to find anything in the settings menu to adjust or change the format as another poster suggested.

0 Likes