New install with MoCA 2.0 devices - Actiontec ECB2500C (1.1 protocol) causing issues
cdau221
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just had the service installed earlier today. Apparently my hardware is the new stuff that's running MoCA 2.0 as opposed to the older 1.0/1.1 verison. Prior to the FiOS install I was happily using the popular ECB2500C bridge to connect various devices on my LAN. During the install the tech seemed confident the bridge would continue to work. 

The first problem we encountered was during activation of the VMS and set top clients....basically all would time out as long as the ECB2500 was on the network. Once we got everything activated I put the ECB back on the network. At first glance it appeared all was working well, however things like On Demand and the search function would frequently time out. Additionally I'm using an HDHomerun Prime device to stream TV via CableCARD over my network. With the ECB plugged in the TV signal from the HDHR becomes weak and pixelated; it's almost unwatchable due to skipping and choppiness. In addition, the internet also suffers brief drops. However if you remove the ECB all of these issues completely disappear (and none were present running the same configuration with Comcast).

It would seem to me that the ECB being a 1.1 device is causing a slow down on the Verizon devices that are running 2.0. Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions for tweaking settings on the Verizon modem that may help? I really wouldn't have a problem picking up a 2.0 bridge, but there aren't even any on the market yet 😞 

Labels (1)
Re: New install with MoCA 2.0 devices - Actiontec ECB2500C (1.1 protocol) causing issues
cdau221
Enthusiast - Level 1

So for anyone else with a similar issue, I may have found the solution. First, despite being told the new VMS runs MoCA 2.0 (and the Verizon splitters all saying 2.0 on them), in the Actiontec Router settings, it states that the network is running 1.1, even without the ECB2500C plugged in. So take that for what it's worth.

Secondly, changing the "Ethernet / Coax Channel" from 1150Mhz to 1500 in the router settings has so far completely cleared up all of the previous symptoms. I'll post another update if I see any other weirdness running with these settings, but so far so good. 

Re: New install with MoCA 2.0 devices - Actiontec ECB2500C (1.1 protocol) causing issues
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too am using moca devices so Iam going to keep my eye on this thread . Ive not encountered any problems as of yet , but possibly changing the Mhz (if need be) sounds good , thx!

0 Likes
jinforce

@cdau221 wrote:

So for anyone else with a similar issue, I may have found the solution. First, despite being told the new VMS runs MoCA 2.0 (and the Verizon splitters all saying 2.0 on them), in the Actiontec Router settings, it states that the network is running 1.1, even without the ECB2500C plugged in. So take that for what it's worth.

Secondly, changing the "Ethernet / Coax Channel" from 1150Mhz to 1500 in the router settings has so far completely cleared up all of the previous symptoms. I'll post another update if I see any other weirdness running with these settings, but so far so good. 

I have the same problem with the new DVR.. I use an older Moterola NIM100 which is MoCa 1.  They told me that it wouldn't work because of MoCa 2.0 being used by the new DVR system.  Where in the settings of the Actiontec Router is this change made?  

Thanks

0 Likes
shaynie1

Can you help me figure out how to change the moca settings to 1500 on my Fios Quantum router?  I am really hoping this wil resolve the connectivity issues I am having when trying to set up my new media clients.  Many thanks--

0 Likes