Pixelation/skips in DVR recordings
willdude
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the 1.9 upgrade about 2 weeks ago, every single recording on the DVR I've made has had one moment where it skips, and becomes slightly pixelated.  This doesn't happen watching live TV, and it almost never happened in recordings pre-1.9.  My DVR is the QIP 7216 1.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Does anyone have any ideas for solving it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pixelation/skips in DVR recordings
ANGST1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, same exact thing here. During one freeze my whole box crashed and rebooted even. No idea on how to fix it though 😞

0 Likes
JasonD52
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I've noticed it also since 1.9.  It's not every show...maybe a third to a half of them.  It's minor at this point...no more than a second or two of a skip or brief pixalation.  

Not worth the torture of trying to contact Verizon tech support.

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

is it happening at a specific time in the recordings, or randomly?

Also, is audio affected, or just video?

if you can characterize it a bit further the technical guys may be able to explain why it is happening...

0 Likes
js991
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been happening to on my DVR more and more often since it was upgraded to 1.9. The last movie I recorded had such frequent pixelated video and dropped audio that it was unwatchable. Other shows have frequent glitches throughout.

Is Verizon working on a cure for this?

0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1
Could be your DVR.  Is it old?  Are there Pixelation/skips on a non  DVR or when it is live?

js99 wrote:

This has been happening to on my DVR more and more often since it was upgraded to 1.9. The last movie I recorded had such frequent pixelated video and dropped audio that it was unwatchable. Other shows have frequent glitches throughout.

Is Verizon working on a cure for this?

0 Likes
redup
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two of the new 7232 DVRs here in Reston Virginia.  Ever since the upgrade to 1.9 I have same thing pixeliation at least once and at times many more in each and every one of my recordings.  Sure is a real pain and I certainly hope Verizon does something about it.......

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Redup1 wrote:

I have two of the new 7232 DVRs here in Reston Virginia.  Ever since the upgrade to 1.9 I have same thing pixeliation at least once and at times many more in each and every one of my recordings.  Sure is a real pain and I certainly hope Verizon does something about it.......

I have a 7232, got it early this year with 1.8 and have had 1.9 on it for about three months. I agree, I do see some additional pixelation since 1.9; not much, and not enough to really affect my enjoyment of watching a recording, but noticable, maybe twice in a 30 minute recording for maybe one to two seconds each time.

Actually, I seem to see pixelation more frequently on live programs also since 1.9. I have no idea whether it is 1.9 related or something in the local network distribution. And of course it could be that the issues I see in the recordings are really from the live broadcasts.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

good feedback guys, we'll ask the developers to look into this...

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

May be related to a use case where you are recording and playing back at the same time.

The developers are aware this can sometimes slightly impact picture q.

I don't think this would cause a more serious or continuous pixelation though, that sounds like a bad feed or some other issue.

so yes, this is on our radar...

0 Likes