Re: Slow, Slow, Slow
prisaz
Legend
This post would get more attehtion on the DSL board. This area is for the FiOS TV img 1.9 discussion.
High Speed Internet. (DSL)
http://forums.verizon.com/t5/High-Speed-Internet-DSL-and-Dial/bd-p/High_Speed_Internet

@timncat2 wrote:

I am in the York,PA area and I have had my speed 7-15Mbps maybe 3 days since I had my DSL. It is running between 1.09 - 3.25Mbps download all the time. I get a call saying it is fixed and I check it and I have 11Mbps but later that night I have to use my one computer with dial up to get through the internet. I don't stream movies and I only download programs or software. Last night and this morning I am at 1.09Mbps download. I know it will be slower due to people watching movies over the internet but there has got to be a way to boost the system so we all don't suffer such slow speeds. We are suppose to have dedicated lines unlike Comcast, where all your neighbors are sharing the same lines. I believe we all share the lines as well. I have had technicians get on my computer and check things to see why I am slow. They seem to believe it is my computer. The problem with that is I have 4 computers,which only one is on at a time. I have Windows 7 on one, Vista on one and XP on another as well as Windows 7 on my laptop. Now, when I test I try it with all but the laptop and the speed is the same, 1.09Mbps. If er are not sharing lines like Comcast, then why the very slow speed? To make sure it is not my router, I setup 2 others and got the same slow speeds. I have 3 phone lines coming into the house which are new installs. One is downstairs and one is upstairs and the other is my DSL line. Now there are no phones connected upstairs so that is not part of the problem. I have a filter on my phone line downstairs but not on the DSL line. I live 3 blocks from the hub which should help but don't. So, if anyone finds a solution please let me know.

0 Likes