Tell me again how the VOD channels scattered everywhere is a service?
victim-number2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've just about had it with Verizon's new ideas... The latest "improvements" to the FIOS channel guide are a joke; when you guys first started up, you rocked and I was proud to be with you and no longer held captive by CONcast. But you've managed to screw it up, all by yourself and in spite of good customer input. 

First of all the channel guide is now slow as molasses; delays in getting started, slow channel changes; unresponsive. Pretty much everything about it STINKS. Customer first? Improved? I don't think so. I don't see it. I can't get to the freaking channels because of your verizon clutter. Not that there's anything there to watch, actually. It seems that your marketing strategy is 50% restriction and 50% pay per view. Guess you figured that if there's nothing but CRAP on the non-premium channels, we'll have no choice but to pay you more than the $200 a month we already give you.    

And then, you have the unmitigated gall to scatter your VOD channels everywhere!! That is truly a marketing {word filter avoidance}! And, don't try to give me some hogwash about how you made the choices; I see that you have VOD channel with kids movies right next to the cartoon channels, uh-huh. trying to get my kids to "accidentally" buy your high-priced video aren't ya? Or, at the very least, you want to create a whine in my house about why they can't buy "just that one" movie.

No thank you, "connivin verizin"! Let me tell you a story about a thing called competition. Have you heard of Netflix? CHEAP freaking' videos, dude. Don't need nuthin' but a dvd player or a computer and internet connection. Ever heard of DISH or Direct TV?? They offer a much lower price for comparable selection. I know, they have weather problems from time to time and they don't have quite the bandwidth you do, but they sure as hell don't inundate my tv with their own bloated crap-ware and ads and they provide premium channels and VOD for far less than you do.

okay, rant over, but here's my bottom line: Several years ago, I took great relish and joy in calling Comcast and telling them they were "fired" because FIOS was now available and they had competition. Well, I'm putting you on notice, "price-keeps-risin' verizin"; change your ways or you, too will be the victim of competition.  

NOTE: Don't even think about suggesting to me that you could 1) review my account and find ways to save money, 2) send a service call to me to fix my system, etc. I know it's tempting for you to allocate blame outside of yourself, but the problem is not elsewhere, the problem is YOU.

Re: Tell me again how the VOD channels scattered everywhere is a service?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

This is a peer-to-peer support forum. If you want to get a message to Verizon, you should contact them directly via one of the options on their Contact Us page.

0 Likes