Why haven't I received Guide Upgrade
leodb

I am in the Eltingville area and I was just wondering why I haven't received the new guide upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why haven't I received Guide Upgrade
Justin46
Legend

I have no clue where Eltingville is, but wherever it is, it is in an area that has not received the new 1.9 level yet, Verizon is still in the process of rolling out 1.9. 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
leodb

Staten Island NY and I received an email that I was going to get it.

0 Likes
leodb

Oh and btw thanks for pointing out the obvious.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@leodb wrote:

Staten Island NY and I received an email that I was going to get it.

Middle of next week is the plan for your area as I understand it. Verizon usually sends the email out a week or so before the software is distributed. You should also see a notice at the top of your Guide (I think it is on the Guide, so long ago here I don't remember).

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@leodb wrote:

Oh and btw thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Oh and btw you are welcome Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
leodb

ok thx

0 Likes
questioning_old
Contributor - Level 2

Really?  I never received any notification about this and now it's in my area not far from Staten Island, surprise surprise, no prior email and no notice on top of the TV Guide.  I just set up my new flat screen HD TV.  I felt left in the dark.  I needed to be educated about this and why an STB or TV upgrade may be in order.

Sure any corporate giant who is providing TV service will capitalize on it and keep trying to make its products and services newer and better.  And yes Justin, now my TV Guide display looks just like yours from that photo you had posted.  I have given the new flat screen product a chance, even though I really wasn't thrilled about taking down my analog TV after only having that for 6 years.  It's better picture quality and takes up a lot less space and is easier to lift.  I will admit that.  I also get the message that the days of keeping certain electronic appliances for 20 years or more are long gone.  I am poor with electronics and it takes a long process of elimination for me to understand how to correct a problem in that area, even though I've gotten better at navigating that area through experience, trial and error.  I just don't understand what would have been so wrong about leaving the analog and antenna reception alone for those of us who were content with that.  There was no need to force the digital reception on everyone like that, forcing more people in the end to switch over to cable.  It really wasn't a choice.

The salesperson at Best Buy was trying to push this HDMI box to maximize the HD display quality, for another 60 bucks.  Was he kidding me?  He was giving me this speech about how he doesn't know if the Verizon STB is HD ready.  What was he talking about?  He just wanted to make another sale to up his commission.  I turned it down and wanted to see how it works just with the new TV alone and it's fine for me.  I'm not into extra gadgets and I would much rather be content with something reliable that's hopefully going to last.

0 Likes
Mubble

The analog to digital switch was an FCC mandate. All providers must be all digital. When the "switch" happened the government gave out free coupons to get a analog to digital converter box from the store of your choice. This free box would give you free over the air digital television. Even if you missed the coupon the boxes are in the $30 range.

About that Best Buy guy.... I was a supervisor there. Unfortunately they are all trained to sell you a hdmi amp, super premium hdmi cable and a service plan you likely wont need at every sale or they get chewed out. Maybe if you bought a $2000 TV the extras would be worth it but definately not in your case. I'm glad you saw thru their **bleep**.

HERE IS A BIG TIP, If you don't buy their service plan and you have a problem with your TV in the manufactures warranty period (usually a year or more) Bring it to Best Buy and they will ship your TV to a service center free of charge. THEY WILL NEVER TELL YOU ABOUT THIS SERVICE. 

Mike

0 Likes