got a ton of meida on my PS3 which is connected directly to my MI424 WR router...any way to
fry2
Enthusiast - Level 2

allow my tv's see the PS3 media via media manager or some other app the same way they see the media on my PC?

Labels (1)
Re: got a ton of meida on my PS3 which is connected directly to my MI424 WR router...any way to
AlfredPoor
Enthusiast - Level 3

What you want is a "network media player" though they sometimes go by other names. They typically cost $100 or less, though some do cost more. You want one that has DLNA support so that you can access the media on your other home network devices and computers. I have not reviewed the following products so I can recommend a specific one, but here are some examples of devices that may do what you want: Sony SMPN100, Western Digital WDTV Live, and Iomega 35045 ScreenPlay TV Link DX HD Media Player. Note that many connected Blu-ray players also include DLNA support, so this could be a good reason to consider upgrading to Blu-ray if you haven't already.

Note that as a bonus, you can also expect these devices to provide access to streaming Internet content, including Netflix for video and Pandora for music (though the actual services provided will vary from one model to another, so check carefully if there is something specific that you want).

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Alfred Poor

Weekly Feature

Re: got a ton of meida on my PS3 which is connected directly to my MI424 WR router...any way to
uncgolfr
Enthusiast - Level 1

How would you suggest increasing the singal strength from the MI424WR to overcome low signal strength in the home media environment?