Re: img 1.9 - Boston area
chieftaing
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a live chat this morning and they said IMG 1.9 due 11/29/11 - I'm in Acton.  The reply came back pretty quickly, which may suggest there's an actual list?  That's just a guess on my part - live chat agent however definitely told me 11/29/11.

Ordering an external e-sata now....  Too bad disk drive prices are under some pressure.....

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Joe A,mbeault promised :

"Around Turkey Day", TJ https://twitter.com/#!/FiOSTV/status/1350867689648​94720

Now rep promised you 11/29 date

How much this and all other promises worth?

You may be rushing to buy extrenal esata drive too early - it very much possible, knowing how Verizon usually operates, that11/29 will be one more broken promise... 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@alden wrote:

Joe A,mbeault promised :

"Around Turkey Day", TJ https://twitter.com/#!/FiOSTV/status/1350867689648​94720

Now rep promised you 11/29 date

How much this and all other promises worth?

You may be rushing to buy external esata drive too early - it very much possible, knowing how Verizon usually operates, that11/29 will be one more broken promise... 

Too early? Well some people have had issues finding the right drive. If you spent as much time watching and erasing your recorded shows as you do on here complaining, It would be here before you know it. I just don't see what you plan to accomplish with your constant complaining, and attempts to down grade Joe A.. Yes there are things he has promised and not delivered, but perhaps it is people and circumstances that has prevented the fulfillment of those. Yes I too have been disappointed by certain promises. Ultimately it is the man at the top that is responsible, but what is one to do? Fire everyone working for you? Some things just happen.

Yes I like my FiOS DVR QIP-7232 P2 1.9, and I also have a TiVO HD with CableCard 1tb internal drive. My daughter now has the TiVO, and I have yet to fill up the 7232 drive. To much space not enough tuner. Go get one of those new TiVOs with a cable card big drive and 4 tuners. I bought my TiVO the year before the 7232, and I am back to the Verizon Box. For me I like the new guide, but it would not be life ending if I had to go back to the old one.

This is not ment as a nasty post to you, but you might want to just sit back and chill.

Best wishes to you.

0 Likes
NNard
Contributor - Level 1

I swapped my 7216 DVR for the larger capacity 7232 DVR early this year and have not even exceeded 10% with HD recordings so I may never need an external drive but you never know.Smiley Wink

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

I honestly did not have a problem with Joe A. until... he once wrote in the forum that he is very proud of his team, and obviously of himself, as he IS the part of the team. I think with that kind of attitude you will never ever do good job, no matter what you are doing - develop software, making goods or simply serve customers. And I am sure he does not feel sorry for this, let say, not very successful  process  of delivering IMG upgrade to the customers, not to mention that he did not do good job communicating with us. By the way, yes, sometimes good management skills require some very harsh action against employees who do not perform, inluding firing...

Respectfully,
AD

Too early? Well some people have had issues finding the right drive. If you spent as much time watching and erasing your recorded shows as you do on here complaining, It would be here before you know it. I just don't see what you plan to accomplish with your constant complaining, and attempts to down grade Joe A.. Yes there are things he has promised and not delivered, but perhaps it is people and circumstances that has prevented the fulfillment of those. Yes I too have been disappointed by certain promises. Ultimately it is the man at the top that is responsible, but what is one to do? Fire everyone working for you? Some things just happen.

Yes I like my FiOS DVR QIP-7232 P2 1.9, and I also have a TiVO HD with CableCard 1tb internal drive. My daughter now has the TiVO, and I have yet to fill up the 7232 drive. To much space not enough tuner. Go get one of those new TiVOs with a cable card big drive and 4 tuners. I bought my TiVO the year before the 7232, and I am back to the Verizon Box. For me I like the new guide, but it would not be life ending if I had to go back to the old one.

This is not ment as a nasty post to you, but you might want to just sit back and chill.

Best wishes to you.

Mark
25/25 Internet, FiOS TV Extreme 2011, Digital Voice
QIP7232, QIP7100-1, QIP7100-P2, TiVO HD with CableCard, and IMG 1.9 in Verizon hardware
0 Likes
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

So...turkey day came and went and still no IMG 1.9 in Boston.  

0 Likes
Malcolm_Stanley
Contributor - Level 3

Some other activity on the network precluded getting the upgrade out the door as we had intended.

ArtieInBoston
I was at my friend's house north of boston on friday. He is a two month old fios customer and already has 1.9! **bleep**?
0 Likes
oyster1
Contributor - Level 1

{word filter avoidance}......IF I DONT GET 1.9A ON MY TV TUESDAY MORNING..I DROP FIOS TRIPLE..BEEN CUSTOMER FOR THREE FREAKING YEARS...YOUR TELLING ME NEW CUSTOMERS GET IT IN BOSTON..WITH FREE LIFETIME DVR ..IMNSTILL PAYING $20 freaking dollars..month..netflix and Xbox Live
See ya fios

0 Likes
oyster1
Contributor - Level 1
Never heard of an update taking 10 months to deploy.. NEVER!!!!!!!
0 Likes