routers
rnquesada

I want to switch from a WiFi router to a hardwire router or directly connect my internet enabled device (blu ray/dvd player with Internet) with an ethernet cable to FIOS.  I have to connect the ethernet cable from the device directly to a wall plug-in.  What does it take?  Does the signal degrade when there is a farther distance from the router or device to wall plug-in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: routers
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@rnquesada wrote:

I want to switch from a WiFi ... to ... hardwire ... [to] ..directly connect my internet enabled device ... I have to connect the Ethernet cable from the device directly to a wall plug-in.  What does it take?  Does the signal degrade when there is a farther distance ...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Essentially you just need to run the cable (Cat 5e or better) from one location to the next, terminate the cables with RJ-45 plugs (not obvious, but then not all that difficult), and then plug in.  In typical applications the distance between the router and the device is of no consequence.

0 Likes