streaming speed
tiltmonster

Please keep marketing and support separate here; I realize I have a low-speed DSL internet service, and going fiber will fix all my problems. I am still thinking I should be able to stream much higher speeds. I am close to streaming HD but it is unstable. I am streaming wi-fi to a TV, using a dongle on a Model: KDL-46EX701  TV. Using DLNA and Windows Media player. Dongle specs below seem to support up to 300mbs(not sure about TV, but dongle came with it). I am currently getting between 26-49mbs connection speed; but my computer is wireless to the router as well, and got 130mbps. The computer is closer but shooting through a metal box(excellent signal at 100%) per the router. My printer on the same home group is only getting 1 mbps. I may have some other problems with the printer, since it seems to keep losing the WPA key, and loses the connection. Why is my speed so different, and can I get it to improve with settings. I guess what I am asking; is it possible to stream HD with this router model-DSL-2750B; even though I have low speed internet? It seems it should with everything set to make use of the 802.11n spec. I also notice a setting under  "services".... (Oax tab on left margin) in the router settings; that seems to indicate settings might help. This relates to WAN bandwith. The triple play option seems to indicate video enhancement perhaps. Any thoughts, or any help to smooth out my shaky HD. Its not that far from streaming. I did not attempt to try this, because it warned about resetting some defaults. Might this help? Any ideas at all. I am fighting some other problems as well perhaps, but can't pin anything down. Could have a hard drive acting up. I noticed that the upload speed for DSL in router shows o.4 in the internet connection box(under home). That does not seem right either. I have not had the router that long, but had pretty stable internet connections downloading. Not that sure about the uplods on the new router.  Thank You, I hope this makes some sense. 

Specifications
Standards Compliance:
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
Host Interface:
USB 2.0
Security:
64/128 bit: WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPS
Frequency and Channel*1:
2.4 GHz – 2.4835 GHz [CH1 – 11]
5.15 GHz – 5.25 GHz [CH36 – 48]
5.25 GHz – 5.35 GHz [CH52 – 64]
5.47 GHz – 5.725 GHz [CH100 – 140]