21 repair tickets unsolved in a year for upload speed
Kruger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what the tech told me from the logs. Traceroute timeout at Verizon's end. This is after sending someone out last week who replaced my ONT which fixed nothing. Many hours on the phone going through automated and human (if you can call them that) trying to get to a tech. Finally got a tech yesterday. Knew what he was talking about as I'm a tech for a different industry. He put in a ticket (which is still open) and said I should give it an extra day, realistically.

No surprise to me, the xtra day is gone and nothing has been done. For an entire year with 21 (make that 22 now) repair tickets without so much as an email or phone call to let me know of any progress.

Gotta love Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 21 repair tickets unsolved in a year for upload speed
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kruger,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you run to speedtest.verizon.net via ehternet (not wireless) and you get your subscribed speed, that is all Verizon is obligated to fix.

Yes it could be issues within their network, or peering or it could be an external network.

But your contracted speed is just for access to their network.

As always, don't like their performance, vote with your wallet.

0 Likes
Kruger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't you think I know that? If I got anything close to the speeds I am paying for I would not be here. 75/75 is what I pay for. 84/0.2 is what I have been getting for about a year. On rare occasion I can see 10 on the upload. Very rare occasion. The tech admitted it was on their end by doing a traceroute and looking at the logs. Verizon's speedtest gives the same results as any other speedtest.

If you think I'm being short it's because the frustration involved is huge. Been through ALL the easy diagnostics so many times with so many calls it's second nature. This is Verizon's problem not mine.

Yes, I could leave and go with another ISP, but that solves nothing. And it certainly doesn't help anyone else with similar problems. So, if there's nothing constructive or helpful in your comments...

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to other customers here.  Verizon set these forums up for peer-to-peer communication.

No need to be short with us, we're users just like you.  We can't do anything about your service, just offer suggestions on how to use it.  If you want suggestions from us users, keep posting.  If you want a response from Verizon, you'll need to contact them for the 22nd time or wait and see if a Verizon moderator escalates your issue back to the support team.

By the way, I routinely am able to pull 75Mbps from some sites.  It does vary from site to site and time of day, of course.  Try downloading a somewhat large file from a well connected site and see how it works.  That may help you understand where the issue is.  A Ubuntu Linux ISO download is usually a good yardstick.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Kruger1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know this is peer to peer. I also know there are some people who have had similar issues with positve suggestions.

I wouldn't be here looking for help if I thought for one minute Verizon would actually step up to the plate and solve some problems.

I did see a Verizon employee post here so they do read these forums. So it's not just peer to peer.

That said...download is not nor has it ever been a problem as I stated. Always upload and not just crying because I'm trying to squeeze that last meg out of my 75. Typically 0.2 upload is for all intents and purposes no upload. That is a problem. In the hopes of someone having the same problem with a possible solution as to how to get Verizon to take it seriously is what I'm looking for. As I said earlier, changing ISP doesn't solve anything.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry if you don't find my recommendations helpful.

I am surprised that Verizon can't/won't fix an issue if your test to speedtest.verizon.net shows you are not getting what you are paying for.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Kruger,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes