Re: 802.11b? Are you kidding me?
prisaz
Legend

Just Because it is set at 54 does not mean it is connecting at 54. The printer tool you ran from the PC or the printer?

You may still want to get a newer router. But if everything is working, you know what they say.

0 Likes
Re: 802.11b? Are you kidding me?
BurtReynolds
Contributor - Level 1

To get back to this, my wifi speed is still woefully slow, but last night the down speed went over 11, so I guess it isn't stuck on "b".  My Mac's Network Utility says I am linked at 54mbps. 

This exercise has led to me to realize how slow my wireless is actually running.  I mean, I rarely have performance issues with streaming or gaming, but these SpeedTest speeds are awfully low.  I guess my wife upgraded us to 35/35 for like $5 a month (with extra channels), so I plugged in for first time in a long time last night to see how the speeds were.  I just retested it again and got 43/31 wired, and a whopping 8.19/9.74 wireless.  The router is 4 feet away, so it is not a signal strength issue. 

Now I am doing research on powerline options.  It looks like it is a good thing I have 3 outlets in this office. 

0 Likes