All of a sudden, excessive Amazon Prime Video problems
Drizzt321

So, the past few days I've suddenly been facing a significant amount of Amazon Prime Video buffering and low-quality. I'm on FIOS 50/25, and I get 55/20 via the Verizon Speed Test to their New York server. I understand an occasional buffering will take place, but this is excessive and unusual in any of my experience. So, my question to the official Verizon representatives, is this:

Is there another peering spat between Verizon and other Tier 1 or 2 providers who happen to provide bandwidth to Amazon like in the Cogent/Netflix spat (http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/06/verizon-bandwidth-provider-blame-each-other-fo... Or is that Verizon is starting to try and push customers to the FIOS TV service now that they got a judge to strike down the FCC's rules that would have forbidden them from doing so?

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden, excessive Amazon Prime Video problems
Namronorman
Contributor - Level 2

I am in Pittsburgh, PA so I can't speak for everyone on FiOS but I generally see Netflix traffic come in via Level 3 and Amazon traffic come in via CenturyLink. Both providers I've listed are tier 1 networks and both providers have peering issues with Verizon. IMO, you can only point your finger at others for so long before you have to look at yourself. The problem is Verizon, no questions asked.

Re: All of a sudden, excessive Amazon Prime Video problems
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes