Always a Trade Off
BobDeP
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have written to this forum on several occassions voicing my frustration with the internet losing connection. There were times I had to reboot every hour. Now it has been corrected and I believe it was done with Verizon repairing or fine tuning its equipment. However, with getting good connectivity I have experienced a drastic drop in speed. When first fixed I was getting  good download speeds and upload. Since then I have been tracking my speeds for a month and they have been consistenly dropping: download from 1.19mbs on 10/1 to 0.66mbs today. Upload has gone from 0.74mbs to 0.37. I have been doing the same test that a service tech did when he visited.

I have had a new router for this test period: Actiontec, model GT784. If I opt for higher speeds I am afraid I'll start to lose internet connection again. If it is an ongoing issue with Verizon equipment it would be nice for them to tell us so we know and that they are working on it.

I guess you can't have everything; it is somewhat philisophical.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Always a Trade Off
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the service issues you are having. We have already escalated a previous post of yours on another thread to our private support board but haven't heard back. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.

View solution in original post

Re: Always a Trade Off
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Sorry to hear about the service issues you are having. We have already escalated a previous post of yours on another thread to our private support board but haven't heard back. You can easily get to the private support one of two ways. In the email you signed up for the forums with, you will receive a link to click on. Make sure you are already signed into the forums before clicking on this link. Another way of getting there is by clicking on your username anywhere you see it in the forums. This brings you to your account profile. Scroll down to the section labeled "My Support Cases" . In there you will see the link to your case.