Re: Another Slow constant disconnect DSL WHY?
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

I checked  my support  case as instructed.  I followed the Chat  link  only to  find after a good 10  min  of frustration     waiting    that the CHAT  IS NOT FOR DSL customers  it is for FIOS,  we can't get Fios  where I live.  I have the onle speed avaiable where I live and now  it seems  it  has been   changed to dial up   and  charged for DSL.     So   how do  we ever reslove this   growing problem?    I  have a new modem,  I leave    it on all  the time as instructed   I do  not use a filter as the instalation  instructions  say.   It work ed  ok   for two  weeks  now  it is so slow we can't watch  a  movie,     I can  access  anything  online   with out waiting   an eternity  for   a page to  open   or get    timed out.     Is verizon  interested in fixing  this or what?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Razz037

You have had voice messages left for you by the agent, but have not returned them. At some point you did access the My Support Case link, as you submitted a form with information. If you go back to your profile page and look, My Support Cases appears just where indicated, at the top in the middle. If it does not, please take a screen shot and send it to me in a private message.

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

They must call  the house number not the computer's  number     We do  not have voice mail.    They must call  the house number  as the computer  has  it's own  line and no phone on  it.   I  gave the   chat   both numbers and  both  numbers were identified as to  what they  were.     I am  not posting it here.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cindy1212

That reply was not directed to you, it was for another user.  I have notified the agents that you had difficulty with the chat. Please watch your My Support case for a reply.

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well   the Chat operators reply  after looking at  my account  was     "  Oh

you  are DSL   we can't help  you"

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

No  help  tonight   I am  going to bed.  and rethink   keeping Verizon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cindy1212 wrote:

So   how do  we ever reslove this   growing problem?    I  have a new modem,  I leave    it on all  the time as instructed   I do  not use a filter as  instructions  say.   It work ed  ok   for two  weeks  now  it is so slow we can't watch  a  movie,     I can  access  anything  online   with out waiting   an eternity  for   a page to  open   or get    timed out.     Is verizon  interested in fixing  this or what?

Please explain your setup a bit more for us please. You've mentioned having an house phone but not using DSL fiters as instructed. Is your home phone service with Verizon? If yes, to verify the rest of your house phonesbARE filtered outside already, correct? If not, you need filters on all of the phone equipment connected to the line except for the modem. If you do not have home phone service with Verizon but instead use a VoIP, Cable or cellular provider instead, the phone service and DSL should never share the same lines the DSL connection. They have to be completely isolated.

0 Likes
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seem  verizon   has a hard time figuring  out  our set up.     We  have two phone lines     one for   the phone  and the other for the computer  much  like two  seperate apartments   now   if  I  have to  put filters  on   my home  phone because  I  have a  computer connected to  the dsl  on  anotheer  phone  line  then   there is no need   for the expense  of a second phone  line  is there. If  that  is the case then every   appartment dewller   needs a  filter   if  one person  in the building  has DSL and  every home  in  town  will need filters  if one home in town  has a dsl  line.

0 Likes
3 disconnects in 30 min WHY WHEN WILL IT STOP?
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok     I'll start a  new  ticket.   New modem,  folled all  instructions.   The thing  workd find for two  weeks.  now we are back  to  the same old stuff.   3  disconnects in  the  last  30  min.   will  this ever be resolved?   I hope   the next tech   you   give  me   speaks clearly  so  that  I do  not have  to  ask  them to repeat  every sentance    or just give up   because they are unintelligble?

0 Likes
Re: 3 disconnects in 30 min WHY WHEN WILL IT STOP?
cindy1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since  I   have this ticket open  I can't open   any new  ones.    The   disconnect problem has escalated   to  intollerable.   The constant disconnects   and no  one will   help resolve the problem    I can only assume  that  I need another new modem   as that  was the solution  last month.  Now  how do  I get this problem  resolved?  I need a US based phone number  to call.

0 Likes