Apple TV (2nd Gen) - Need Help
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just connected the new Apple TV to my wireless network and it connects fine, downloads movies and etc.  However, Itunes will not recognize the Apple TV and vice versa.  Apple said it might be a port issue with Verizon router.  Can someone please help me or a technician get in touch with me as I have no idea what this means.

0 Likes
Re: Apple TV (2nd Gen) - Need Help
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you say itunes will not recognize the device, itunes running where?   Are you running itunes on a computer trying to see the AppleTV device or are you encountering some kind of problem contacting itunes from the device itself?   Need a bit more info on what you are trying to do exactly.

If by some chance it's accessing an itunes library on a computer, etc., is the computer also by chance on a wireless connection?   If so, do you have the option of placing it on a hard wire connection temporarily to see if the problem fixes itself. 

Anyhow ... if you can provide some more detail on what you're trying to do exactly, someone here might be able to help.

nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, itunes is running on a computer wired to the FIOS router.  Itunes cannot see the Apple TV in home sharing mode and Apple TV can not see itunes running on the computer.  Apple TV can connect wirelessly through the router no problem.

To further complicate, remote app on my iphone can see the Apple TV and my itunes library.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK ... let's check for a firewall on the computer itself.   If you have a firewall product, try turning it off just temporarily.

0 Likes