Re: CR1000A and G3100 MAJOR ISSUES!
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I won't have any problem. I will setup the second CR1000A just like my first one. And if I get an E3200. It will only be connected to one of the CR1000A units. By coax. These will not be connected directly to the ONT.

I had ordered an E3200 from eBay. But UPS delivered it somewhere else. And eBay apparently does not stand by their money back guarantee. Since the won;t do anything. Even though they know I did not receive it and that the seller is getting a claim from UPS. So now I'm trying to go through PayPal to try and get my my back. That I paid for the E3200. Plus the seller initiated a claim with UPS, that UPS is paying to them. So it looks like they will be getting paid twice. Once from me and again from UPS. I've been on eBay for twenty three years. And this has been my worst experience. All started because of UPS. 

So then I paid UPS for a UPS Choice account, where they will route your packages to the nearest UPS Access Point. To avoid the potential of a package being misdelivered to another address. But what happens today? Instead of my Best Buy package being delivered to the UPS store a mile from me. It gets delivered to some place in Iowa. How does UPS misdeliver a package going to Northern Virginia to Iowa instead? One thousand miles away! UPS is getting to be as bad as LASERship was.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just don't purchase something that expensive like E3200 on EBay.

I only buy used switches from Ebay and after spending hours investigating the sellers.

As long as an E3200 is layer 2 linked to two CR1000A or G3100, the two routers will fight for dominance over E3200.

aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

So the E3200 doesn't link to a specific router? That sounds weird.

I got my second CR1000A over the weekend(again from eBay) and both of them are working fine on my home network. Along with my five Asus Access Points.

Although I have not been able to get the CR1000A setup as an AP. So I have just been using it as a sub net off my current network. That way I can still access everything on my main network. But when I tried to set it up without DHCP and what should have worked as an AP, it didn't. 

I still haven't decided if I will get the E3200. But the way I have it setup with a sub net for each CR1000A, I would hope the E3200 would work. But if the E3200 can't be configured to link with a specific CR1000A, then I would need to pass on the E3200.

0 Likes
LRY1

I’m having the same issue. I had the old Fios router and it work flawlessly. I then purchased the new CR1000A and the router extender just two weeks ago. Amd now having major issues. I contact Verizon and all they say is the internet is working fine. They do a reboot and works great for a few hours and then the same problem. 

0 Likes
JetFixxxer

From what I'm gathering that I shouldn't use the CR1000A over my G1100? 

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, that's the wrong take home message.

There are many users here not realizing that there are other confounds are causing the issues.

One thing to check, G1100 has IPv6 disabled by default, CR1000A has IPv6 enabled by default.

Many Intel based NICs in desktops are defective in supporting IPv6. Intel NICs made after 2021 are rectified for this issue.

Killmas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have to disagree. Even with IPv6 disabled, the upload issues are still seen with the CR1000A, whereas the G1100 never has issues. 

If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have purchased / configured the CR1000A into my network, and just stuck with the G1100. The ONLY reason I haven't permanently removed the CR1000A from my configuration is because its the only router that supports faster than 1Gbps WAN speeds, which will be needed when Fios rolls out 2Gbps service to my area. So I figure (and hoping) that as part of that eventual future upgrade, the ONT gets replaced with whatever ONT supports the higher WAN speed, and the issue gets removed.

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

For all of the people just now finding this thread, I would NOT recommend using the CR1000A (as much as I wanted it to work for the WiFi 6E support). IPv6 made no difference for me. I tried turning it on and off and messing with a dozen other settings - nothing could make the CR1000A nearly as fast as my old G1000, and Verizon's techs were completely useless/oblivious to the issue (even when I showed them on my own PC). They suggested I was seeing those speeds because I changed the WiFi password from default (even though I was showing them the issue was also happening over ethernet). So... don't expect any meaningful help from the techs as they only know VERY surface-level troubleshooting (and barely at that). Enough said.

Now if they could actually send out engineers who worked on building these routers and understand the hardware and firmware then I'm sure they could actually get to the bottom of the issue (or if they actually troubleshooted the two CR1000A routers I returned to them for the same issue instead of just sending them out to a different customer). I'm sure internally they know what is going on (maybe a hardware issue?) and that is why they already have a revision in the works. Instead they try to make customers believe there is no problem when there obviously is. Just look on this forum and on Reddit. Many people are reporting the same unusable speeds, even with IPv6 disabled.

0 Likes
aaronwtfios1
Contributor - Level 1

I have no problem maxing out my Fios gigabit internet up/down speeds using my CR1000a units with 6Ghz WiFi 6E. But I also do not use either of my CR1000a units connected directly to my ONT.

I can get link rates of up to 2.2 Gbps, connected with Wifi 6E. Assuming I'm close enough to a CR1000a.

0 Likes
dg224
Enthusiast - Level 3

aaronwtfios, I think you're onto something. I have seen a few reports of the CR1000A giving great speeds, but now that I think about it they were ALL cases where the CR1000A was acting as an access point and not directly connected to the ONT. That being said, I can only speak to my own experience of using it while directly connected to the ONT. In that case I had unusable speeds across two different CR1000A routers and two different ONTs. So I think there has to be either a hardware or firmware issue that manifests when the CR1000A is connected directly to the ONT. I would love to hear from anyone else who is using the CR1000A as an access point and not directly connected to the ONT.

0 Likes