Can I use two ActionTec routers with Verizon FiOS if they have two different revisions?
kaiyoungxo23
Enthusiast - Level 2
I want to add a second router to my coax cable and I know about configuring them already. But my main router is Rev. I and the second is Rev. G. Can I still use the second one? If not is there a way around it? My main router has been lower letters before but I've just gotten replacements and now it's at Rev. I. If that matters lol... Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I use two ActionTec routers with Verizon FiOS if they have two different revisions?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Look on the Rev G to see if there is  a sticker with password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I use two ActionTec routers with Verizon FiOS if they have two different revisions?
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

The different Rev shouldn't make any difference, as long as you're OK with the difference in features between the two.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming you're planning on using the 2nd router as an access point, it shouldn't matter what model or revision it is.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
irishdrunk69

Can you also have two differents sub nets as long as the 2nd router is an access point? Anyone know of documentation anywhere on Verizon to achieve this? Even though Verizon says great router coverage, it doesn't cover complete area very well.

Thank You!

0 Likes
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

If you want to use to different subnets then you will need to set the second Actiontec as a router and double NAT it behind the first router.   Basically this means leaving the DHCP server on with the second router and connecting LAN to WAN.

I run double NATed and have no problems with my network.

kaiyoungxo23
Enthusiast - Level 2
Instructions on how?
0 Likes
kaiyoungxo23
Enthusiast - Level 2
I really didn't want to have to plug that router into the other one. Which I'm assuming is what you do when you use it as an access point? The rooms are too far. I just want another router in a different room connected to coax.
0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

You can connect the second Actiontec router via coax.  This link explains how to do it:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/15984

Note that there is less configuring that needs to be done if you use an Actiontec ECB2500C or WCB3000N.  Both of those devices are plug-and-play.

WCB3000N can be seen here:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/DisplayDetails   3rd item from the top

ECB2500C:

http://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Ethernet-Adapter-Service-ECB2500C/dp/B008C1JC4O

kaiyoungxo23
Enthusiast - Level 2
Hey! Thanks it's going okay so far. I was just wondering though when it's time for me to change the DHCP range on the second router do I log out of the first one and the second one has a different username and password or should I have stayed signed in?
0 Likes
kaiyoungxo23
Enthusiast - Level 2
The only problem right now is that I'm trying to log in for my secondary router the Rev. G and I don't know the use username and password. I hard reset it. And I'm typing in "admin" as the username and "password" as the password and it's not working.
0 Likes