Can connect to Ethernet, Can't connect to Wifi
gosteveggo

Wifi went out around noon last Thursday.   Since that time, I've been through 3 routers, all of which work for an evening, and crap out around 8:30 the next day.  

Router is the MI424WR Rev. 1.   I'd be asking tech support, but been on hold with them for an hour and half today, waiting for them to pick up.

Basically, have done all the re-boots and resets.

Have switched my channels. 

All my Green lights are on. 

Two tech support calls can't find anything wrong. 

Across the street from a medical building, but have never had any problem before last week.   Wifi looks like it's ready to connect on all of my devices, but when I connect, it never quite gets there.  All devices have been "pinged"  and the packets don't get to them.  

Anyone have a workable suggestion?  I have other routers/modems from past lifes, can I bridge to one of a non-Verizon modem to send the wireless signal, or will that not work too?

My ethernet connection works swimmingly....

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Can connect to Ethernet, Can't connect to Wifi
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried changing channels on your wifi?

Given the time of day, it may be that there was new hardware installed in the building across the street and they are interfereing with your signal.

Turn your wifi off and use a laptop or other device to see what other wifi signals you can see.

0 Likes
Re: Can connect to Ethernet, Can't connect to Wifi
CaptainSTX
Contributor - Level 3

Did you recently update to Windows 10?  If yes some older WiFi adapters may not compatible drivers.

If not then go into your router and set up a new SSID and then try to connect to the new SSID with your devices.

0 Likes