Change in Verizon Online Terms of Service
prisaz
Legend

Did you get this and what does it mean to you? Use after November 30th. That is when I received it. So how can one accept something after continues use of something they knew nothing about? A lawyer wrote this for sure! Perhaps it is clarification for all the new soon to be Frontier customers.

The following is an outline of an important change to the Verizon Online Terms of Service, which is effective as of November 30, 2009. We have described this change in general terms below and recommend that you review the complete Terms of Service to determine how this change applies to you or your use of the Service. The Terms of Service can be accessed by clicking on the "Policies and Terms of Service" link (www2.verizon.net/policies) at the bottom of any page of our Website.

The Terms of Service, as revised, will govern your rights and obligations, and ours, with respect to your use of the Services we offer. As set forth in Paragraph 3 of the Terms of Service, your continued use of the Service after the effective date of this change will constitute your agreement to the change.

1. If you are on a term plan and Verizon ceases offering service to your location prior to the end of your term commitment, you will not have to pay an Early Termination Fee.

Please take time to review the complete Verizon Online Terms of Service.

Thank you for being a Verizon Online customer.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change in Verizon Online Terms of Service
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Looks to me (and I haven't been advised on changes) that this is a customer protection.  I don't know what the previous policy was, but this guarantees that if FiOS is no longer serviced in your area, you cannot be charged an early termination fee if there remains time left on your account.  It seems obvious that you wouldn't be he held responsible in such a case, but this is just putting it in writing. 

View solution in original post

ubrgeek
Contributor - Level 1

Color me shocked. They're starting to make a lot of changes that aren't exactly consumer-friendly. My $0.02 is they're doing so because they've gotten to the point where they have a sufficient user base that they don't have to be as user-friendly. All of the commercials about "We're not Comcast" will increasingly mean, "We're not Comcast. Just look at your bill - it says Verizon, not Comcast."

0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Looks to me (and I haven't been advised on changes) that this is a customer protection.  I don't know what the previous policy was, but this guarantees that if FiOS is no longer serviced in your area, you cannot be charged an early termination fee if there remains time left on your account.  It seems obvious that you wouldn't be he held responsible in such a case, but this is just putting it in writing. 

prisaz
Legend

@VZ_Brian wrote:

Yes Brian.

I agree and it only seems logical. But I found it rather interesting, and perhaps because the NW is going to Frontier, and I am in Maryland. It just didn't seem that positive to me. It was almost like saying. We might stop servicing you but don't worry you will not have to pay. My posting was not ment in a negative way, but just perhaps a polling of opinions. Thank you for yours.

0 Likes