Charged for service call that verified Verizon install error?!!
MarcNJ

Hi All,

I'm deeply upset about an interaction with Verizon today, and am wondering if this has become the new standard for their service: Screw the Customer.

I've been a customer of Fios for over a decade.  We moved not too long ago, and were happy to be staying in the Fios service area.  Verizon installed a new system at our new home.

Recently, I noticed that our landline phone failed during a power outage.  We have a medically fragile child, so having a functional landline phone has always been important to us.  I was able to reach Verizon during the outage on my cell (a feat due to poor reception at our house), but the phone support tech was unable to remotely diagnose why the system failed during the outage, other than speculating that it was a problem with the battery backup.  She dispatched a Verizon tech to investigate.

The tech arrived a few days later, and quickly confirmed that there was indeed a problem with the battery backup - the original install technician had failed to install it!  Tech was here all of maybe five minutes.  He said he would have Verizon mail me the battery backup (so now, apparently, it's MY problem to install) and disappeared.

Happily, the backup has arrived, and I have a new entry on my to do list to figure out how to install it.

Sadly, my Fios bill arrived, with a charge for the Tech visit.  Really?  WTH Verizon?  Your tech was dispatched by your own phone support to investigate why your system failed.  Your tech verified that your install tech did not install correctly.  By what logic should I be charged for your errors?!!

Other than this being ridiculous, I also note that no one - neither telephone support nor the tech - breathed even a word about there being any charge for them sending a tech out.

So I called Verizon Customer Support this morning.  Guess what - they FLAT OUT REFUSED TO HELP.  Apparently, shafting me with a tech visit fee is far more important than demonstrating good customer service and valuing the good will of a longstanding Verizon customer.  But hey, points for Verizon, they were decently polite about it.

Is this what Verizon has become?  I've been happy with my interactions with them in the past, but this was a slap in the face.  I've never see any company that actually valued their customers get so twisted up about a fee like this.  Xfinity has been pushing their service in our area - I hadn't been interested before, but now I'm a lot more motivated to find out about it.

Thank you,

--M

0 Likes
Re: Charged for service call that verified Verizon install error?!!
jonjones1
Legend

@MarcNJ wrote:

Hi All,

I'm deeply upset about an interaction with Verizon today, and am wondering if this has become the new standard for their service: Screw the Customer.

I've been a customer of Fios for over a decade.  We moved not too long ago, and were happy to be staying in the Fios service area.  Verizon installed a new system at our new home.

Recently, I noticed that our landline phone failed during a power outage.  We have a medically fragile child, so having a functional landline phone has always been important to us.  I was able to reach Verizon during the outage on my cell (a feat due to poor reception at our house), but the phone support tech was unable to remotely diagnose why the system failed during the outage, other than speculating that it was a problem with the battery backup.  She dispatched a Verizon tech to investigate.

The tech arrived a few days later, and quickly confirmed that there was indeed a problem with the battery backup - the original install technician had failed to install it!  Tech was here all of maybe five minutes.  He said he would have Verizon mail me the battery backup (so now, apparently, it's MY problem to install) and disappeared.

Happily, the backup has arrived, and I have a new entry on my to do list to figure out how to install it.

Sadly, my Fios bill arrived, with a charge for the Tech visit.  Really?  WTH Verizon?  Your tech was dispatched by your own phone support to investigate why your system failed.  Your tech verified that your install tech did not install correctly.  By what logic should I be charged for your errors?!!

Other than this being ridiculous, I also note that no one - neither telephone support nor the tech - breathed even a word about there being any charge for them sending a tech out.

So I called Verizon Customer Support this morning.  Guess what - they FLAT OUT REFUSED TO HELP.  Apparently, shafting me with a tech visit fee is far more important than demonstrating good customer service and valuing the good will of a longstanding Verizon customer.  But hey, points for Verizon, they were decently polite about it.

Is this what Verizon has become?  I've been happy with my interactions with them in the past, but this was a slap in the face.  I've never see any company that actually valued their customers get so twisted up about a fee like this.  Xfinity has been pushing their service in our area - I hadn't been interested before, but now I'm a lot more motivated to find out about it.

Thank you,

--M

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/quick-guides/change-battery-%20backup.htm

Will show you how how to put in the battery. It's not rocket science to do.

you can try to politely ask Verizon Direct here 

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

To give you assistance. Please note being irate or nasty with the customer service people will not get you anywhere. 

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Charged for service call that verified Verizon install error?!!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MarcNJ,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes