Re: DSL Internet periodically shuts off
maurmike1

My post about drop offs has been up for 7 days. I guess Verizon has no customer service. It's time to switch to Comcast cable

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello maurmike,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly at 1-800-VERIZON or on Twitter @VerizonSupport.

0 Likes
maurmike1

Can you tell me how to get past the mechanical voice so I can speak to a human about the problem? 

0 Likes
amytaracido
Enthusiast - Level 2

YES!!! See how many people this is happening to? It's amazing!!! I have had Verizon DSL for over 15 years with zero issues UNTIL this April when it began disconnecting CONSTANTLY and got to the point of only having connections for maybe 10 minutes a day. It DOES WORK during that 10 minutes and they at one point told me the problem was not on my end! even sent me a new modem/router just in case since my other one was older. But still almost ZERO connectivity since April.  Still getting my $83+ monthly internet/phone bill though!

0 Likes
taylor210

My DSL has been shutting off about once a day (often during the night) for a number of months now. I have to reboot my computer and modem.

In addition to which I am unable to send emails from Thunderbird, my email client -- tho I receive my emails just fine.  Thunderbird emails in and out worked fine for some months after Verizon switched all its email accts. to AOL (which it owns). But since the spring I have been able to send outgoing emails from Thunderbird from only 2 of my 4 accounts -- both of which are sub-accounts.  I cannot send outgoing emails from my main account nor from another sub-account.  It feels like Verizon has become such a huge monopoly that it no longer cares about its residential customers.  And there is no other decent provider here in DC.  Any recommendations for alternatives will be appreciated.

0 Likes
RQuickDraw

Well, it has now been 1 month of poor and inconsistent DSL connections for me. Even when I have a connection the speed is less than 1 Mbps and only lasts for 10 minutes.  I even upgraded my equipment to a new Actiontec gateway, but that hasn't helped. (I lost my connection 3 times while posting this message.) I'll be contacting Verizon tomorrow to have a tech stop out. Maybe he can fix it. 

0 Likes
Tony3825

I have been having the same problem with the internet cutting in and out.  It happens every day and has been doing this for a long time.   But in addition to that I have been having issues with emails since Verizon switched us over to AOL and then merged all that with Yahoo.  For the last month or so my emails are delayed sometimes as much as 3 days.  I subscribe to the our 511 road alerts so I can keep track of draw bridges that seem to open on a schedule.  That is good but when the alert arrives 3 days late, that isn't good.  I had to add the alerts to my Gmail acccount and they arrive on time.  What is going on with Verizon???

0 Likes
RQuickDraw

Well, the Verizon tech seems to have found the problem. A family of squirrels made a home up there and had chewed through the wire.  At least my connection is more consistent now.

0 Likes
mike1907

its a good thing AND a bad thing to see other people having the same issue. Over the past year I have had (6) technicians visit, (3) router swap outs, and having to reset the router 2-3x every day. Our cell phones do not connect, both android and iphones, and was promised multiple times that FIOS was the cure and will be in area "soon". this past week, i had someone from Russia hack into my network, got my amazon password, etc. when i get into my router as admin, i can see (5) other devices connected to my network and it is only my wife and i at home. I tried calling support but no one has been able to help. Frustration is at an all time high

0 Likes
MAR856

This has been happening to us also.  Was ready to go buy a new router--glad I found these posting first.  I cannot understand how Verizon can ignore this when so many are having the same issue.  I have not tried calling support yet but when I was logged in to myverizon a message came up saying 'you may have an internet connectivity problem".  Took my throught the reboot of router thing.  Then told me it was fixed.  I highly doubt it  is since that was the like the 8th time we rebooted the router today.

0 Likes