Re: DSL connection
Torch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I don't have a router (mutli connection), I remove the ethernet cable from one computer and plug it into the other computer. The router is the Westell 6100 and I only have one. I have read many people having the same problem some upgraded the 6100 software version, some ungraded explore, some recieved newer routers from verizon. I tried upgradeing the 6100 it said it was the most current. Windows explore Is the newest verison (it's on a brand new computer). I'm lost i'm ready to return the new computer and give up.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Torch wrote:

I am currently using windows Vista on a Dell computer, I recently purchased an ACER computer using Windows 7. I hooked my new computer to my WESTELL 6100 and used my Verizon Online DSl Disc which told me there are problems with my connection. I can now connect to the Internet but I cannot go to my verizon home page. What do I need to do to correct this?

A possible fix, is to use Google as your home page.

--

OR this an issue trying to reach http://www22.verizon.com/myverizon

??

0 Likes
Torch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can goe to google and do searches but my email and account are with verizon. When i bring up verizon on a google search it brings up the Verizon.com but sits there never connecting to the web site, the circle justs keeps spinning. I can goe to some other web sites with no problem others react the same (Hung). Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Torch1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank You to all who helped me I determined from all the suggestions you gave me (and I tried) that the problem was more than anything I could fix so I contacted verizon and spent a hour on the phone with them while the tried to correct the problem. They determined that my westell was too old. They are sending me a new one. They feel this will correct the problem, I'll let you know when I get it. Thanks again, To have so many skilled people willing to help is a blessing and I appreciate it.

0 Likes