Dynamic DNS fails with no-ip and own second-level domain with Actiontec MI242WR
samham93

I'm using the Dynamic DNS feature of my Actiontec MI424WR with no-ip.com to update a few of my hostnames.

So far I can update the following, replaceing [mydomain.com] with my actual domain.:

www.[mydomain.com]

ftp.[mydomain.com]

samham93.[somefreedomain.com]

However, I can't seem to update [mydomain.com], which I own.  Updating on every other client I've tried works flawlessly.

The error I get is:  "Error - Hostname supplied does not exist"

In the advanced system log it shows:  Update error, server response = [mydomain.com]:2

Is this a bug in the firmware or Verizon intentionally blocking second-level domains in the dynamic DNS feature?

My router:

Software Version:
Release Date:Oct 11 2011
Platform:Marvell Feroceon SoC
Tag:Ntag-bhr-revI-40-19-22
Compilation Flags:LIC=../jpkg_actiontec_mv.lic CONFIG_BHR_REV_I=y ACTION_TEC_VERIZON=y DIST=FEROCEON
Hardware Version:5A
Hardware WAN MAC Address:-ommited-

0 Likes
Re: Dynamic DNS fails with no-ip and own second-level domain with Actiontec MI242WR
Adi3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you ever get this resolved - I have the same problem.

@samham93 wrote:

I'm using the Dynamic DNS feature of my Actiontec MI424WR with no-ip.com to update a few of my hostnames.

So far I can update the following, replaceing [mydomain.com] with my actual domain.:

www.[mydomain.com]

ftp.[mydomain.com]

samham93.[somefreedomain.com]

However, I can't seem to update [mydomain.com], which I own.  Updating on every other client I've tried works flawlessly.

The error I get is:  "Error - Hostname supplied does not exist"

In the advanced system log it shows:  Update error, server response = [mydomain.com]:2

Is this a bug in the firmware or Verizon intentionally blocking second-level domains in the dynamic DNS feature?

My router:

Software Version:
Release Date:Oct 11 2011
Platform:Marvell Feroceon SoC
Tag:Ntag-bhr-revI-40-19-22
Compilation Flags:LIC=../jpkg_actiontec_mv.lic CONFIG_BHR_REV_I=y ACTION_TEC_VERIZON=y DIST=FEROCEON
Hardware Version:5A
Hardware WAN MAC Address:-ommited-

0 Likes
Re: Dynamic DNS fails with no-ip and own second-level domain with Actiontec MI242WR
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@samham93 wrote:

Updating on every other client I've tried works flawlessly.

By that you mean usng a different client such as one that you download and use on your computer?

0 Likes