Re: Ethernet connections dropping Eero gateway
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon does not throttle Fios speeds.  You get what you pay for, less congestion on the network.

Speeds that are consistently around 95Mbps point clearly to an Ethernet link that is running at 100Mbps.  This is caused by bad cables, connectors or even a bad Ethernet port.  Find out how to check link speed on the devices.  It may be LEDs on the Ethernet jacks, or it could be visible in the device's web interface.  Once you figure out which link is running at 100Mbps, you'll be able to find and then solve your problem.

JuanA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I rebooted the Fios gateway after seeing that the eero had a wired rate of 100Mbps.  The eero bone says the connection is 1Gbps. 

I ran the Verizon speed test and got this however...

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you please go to G1100's Port Configuration (Advanced > Port Configuration) page to check the link speeds on each port? Or, check whether the upper or the lower LED lights up on the G1100. Upper LED is upper relative to the Verizon logo on the side. Upper LED flashing/lit means 1Gbps link. Lower LED flashing/lit means 10/100 link.

You should see something like this on the Port Configuration page. See whether the corresponding Ethernet port to the EERO is 100Mbps or 1000Mbps.

See my testing G1100 as an example.