Experiencing intermittent, but frequent one-way audio (VoIP).
JayZee_212

Has anyone else experience intermittent, but frequently occuring one-way audio on their VoIP calls?  ...started about 3 weeks ago (Jan 31 - present).  Seems a couple of other businesses I spoke with here in the North East, with Verizon FiOs internet service are experiencing the same problem.  Our VoIP provider confirmed the UDP/RTP audio stream traffic is being sent out; however we are not seeing this inbound traffic even when directly connected to the ONT.  Others not using Verizon FiOs are not experiencing this problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Experiencing intermittent, but frequent one-way audio (VoIP).
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't mind me asking, who is your VoIP provider? 

I can confirm that VoIP has been working fine here, on both Callcentric VoIP and "Future-Nine" Corp VoIP. 

What router are you using? When you say connected directly to the ONT, do you mean your personal computer was connected to the ONT and still not seeing any incoming packets?

Have you tried traceroutes to the VoIP servers by chance, and if so did you see any issues in routing? This is a very strange issue, and it would seem like a problem with the VoIP provider, but if you say other users on different ISPs aren't having the problem, the only other difference I could think of is bad routing from Verizon to your VoIP server's network. 

View solution in original post

Re: Experiencing intermittent, but frequent one-way audio (VoIP).
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't mind me asking, who is your VoIP provider? 

I can confirm that VoIP has been working fine here, on both Callcentric VoIP and "Future-Nine" Corp VoIP. 

What router are you using? When you say connected directly to the ONT, do you mean your personal computer was connected to the ONT and still not seeing any incoming packets?

Have you tried traceroutes to the VoIP servers by chance, and if so did you see any issues in routing? This is a very strange issue, and it would seem like a problem with the VoIP provider, but if you say other users on different ISPs aren't having the problem, the only other difference I could think of is bad routing from Verizon to your VoIP server's network.