Extremely slow download speeds
mkgarcia

I have the 20/5 plan. I have optimized, rebooted cpu, rebooted router etc multiple times. Ever since they upgraded my speeds I have had the issue. I have called verizon 2 times with no luck. they sent out 2 different tech guys and they had faster speeds on their laptops. they replaced the router with no luck. I was fine until the upgradesto 20/5. The only way to get the speeds I pay for is if I bypass the router and plug straight to the jack. I have to connect to verizon and I am back at the speeds I had before. Only problem with that is I my fios set top boxes won't be able to get updated since they are connected to the router.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow download speeds
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the brand and model of this router?

0 Likes
mkgarcia

mi424wr actiontec router wireless.

Thanks You!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 What is the exactl ver of it? Some examples.. A, B, C, D, E.

#2 Is Wireless in the router turned on?

#3 If wireless in the router is turned on, what level of wireless security is it set to? Two examples, that I can think of WEP and WPA.

0 Likes
mkgarcia

Rev. D is the version.

Wireless is on.

wep key

I am hard wired straight to the router. not wireless.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mkgarcia wrote:

I have the 20/5 plan. I have optimized, rebooted cpu, rebooted router etc multiple times. Ever since they upgraded my speeds I have had the issue. I have called verizon 2 times with no luck. they sent out 2 different tech guys and they had faster speeds on their laptops. they replaced the router with no luck. I was fine until the upgradesto 20/5. The only way to get the speeds I pay for is if I bypass the router and plug straight to the jack. I have to connect to verizon and I am back at the speeds I had before. Only problem with that is I my fios set top boxes won't be able to get updated since they are connected to the router.

What download speed are you getting?

From your description it appears that your actiontec is ethernet connected to the ont. 

You said

The only way to get the speeds I pay for is if I bypass the router and plug straight to the jack. 

Which jack are you talking about? the one on the ont  or one that is on an ethernet cable connected to the ont?

If your speed is OK when connected directly to the ont jack I would supect that the ethernet cable between the ont and the router may have an issue.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mkgarcia wrote:

Rev. D is the version.

Oh, ok.

#1 Those routers have a small/tiny NAT Table.

#2 Source / and what you could do about it..

a) http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16233

b) AND OR http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

0 Likes