Re: FiOS speeds have been very slow between 7-11 PM in Redlands, CA.
Bruce670

@Logistik, Im at Fort Irwin. I have 50/50 plan but get about 6/20 every evenings between 5:30pm to 10:30pm.  I know alot of people that live here have the same issue. We have a pending group trouble ticket. This has been going on for months now.

0 Likes
meisterMD

I have had this issue since January and filed a half dozen tickets and spent hours on the phone. Made multiple posts here as well. The issue is still as bad as ever. Some helpful techs have told me it is a fiber issue at the local central office which makes more sense than peering issues (since peering issues would affect everyone and not just those of us in Redlands). They told me it would take "months" to fix but have no specific timetable. I have been hung up on by Verizon reps multiple times when I asked for credits. So far I have been successful in not paying a dime for my service since January but I am tired of calling and complaining at this point. My contract is up in a few months and I'm just gonna switch to TWC'a $35/month 50/5 plan. So sick of this.

I will never enter another contract with an ISP ever again.

0 Likes
el3ment00
Enthusiast - Level 2

MeisterMD,

That's exactly what they told me as well. I have called mutliple times with multiple tickets. I have had field techs call me that there is going to be some sort of "Upgrade" at their central office..  Not ETA of course.. I don't think it's a peering issue.. Wonder what's going to happen when frontier takes over soon...

0 Likes
el3ment00
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Guys,

It's now 9:59pm and the speeds have been awesome tonight. Can anyone else confirm the speed issue has been fixed?

-Ron

0 Likes
meisterMD
The last two nights I have gotten perfect speed tests around 9pm and haven't noticed any issues.

Still gonna switch to TWC. At least now I could consider switching back if the price is right. Ridiculous it took four months to fix.
0 Likes