Fios Router Included
Mkstretch141
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got Fios tv and internet.  I got a deal where it includes the router with no rental fee. Does this mean I own the router? Or does it get returned if I cancel my service? 
thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Router Included
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. A free rental does not imply ownership. Nor does ownership imply the receipt of intellectual properties contained within.

CR1000A can be purchased for $400 + tax and you can use it on other providers. VZ will still have access to the router and is responsible for maintaining firmware updates.

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The router is being "rented". It should be returned if a new service provider is used.

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. A free rental does not imply ownership. Nor does ownership imply the receipt of intellectual properties contained within.

CR1000A can be purchased for $400 + tax and you can use it on other providers. VZ will still have access to the router and is responsible for maintaining firmware updates.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes