G3100 install
Entely

I attempted to change routers from the MI424WR to the G3100. The G3100 undated to the new firmware version and would connect to the internet both through ethernet and wireless. However when I went onto certain webpages they just did not load properly or fully. I attempted to load those webpages on three different computers and used different cables. The problem existed on each computer. I tried rebooting everything which did not fix the problem. I switched back to the MI424WR router and things worked fine again on those same webpages. Is there something I have to do when installing the G3100 to set it up properly? Do I have to notify Verizon to change some setting? Thanks for any advise.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: G3100 install
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, I need to check my premise first. Assuming you are using Windows, could you go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings, and screenshot the window right there to see?

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is likely your computer uses affected Intel NICs. They need to be replaced for compatibility with IPv6.

They are cheap USB 3.0 to 2.5GbE dongles and PCIe 2.5GbE NICs for less than $20.

Entely

Thank you. I am a bit of a novice. Could you explain how I use the dongle. And recommend a good quality dongle.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, I need to check my premise first. Assuming you are using Windows, could you go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings, and screenshot the window right there to see?

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes