Re: HSI DSL issues since installation
TexKSAH

Thos errors are coming from Verizon's equipment and being corrected locally by my router (tech agreeded after testing the lines in the house and to the dslam). I may be wrong, but errors caused by line issues are not corectable.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

FEC (Forward Error Check) errors are correctable errors, so even though they are caused by noise-related line issues, redundancy in Interleaved DSL connections allows for such corrections. CRC errors are "Cyclic Redundancy Check" or Uncorrectable errors, and do cause data loss. If your line was only using FastPath to cut down on latency, you wouldn't have Interleaving at all. All data during a noise event would fail integrity checks provided the conditions are worse enough.

Verizon can fix the plant up, they do have to locate sources of potential problems which can take a bit of time, especially when intermittent. I've been down that road several times already.

0 Likes
TexKSAH

Access is been good this moring (7AM Saturday) and 30 minute CRC errors are 0, FEC is 2300. It's raining and cold here.

A local field manager called me last night and said after talking with his techs and the network engineers that have worked on the issue, he too agrees it's a Verizon problem and not a capacity issue and will recommit resources to tracking the issue down.  Finally someone at Verizon that is not just blowing me off with the "intermittant slowdowns during peak times are a normal occurance" excuse.  That was espically annoying since I proved numerous times to them that the slowdowns are the majority of the time and occur at all times of the day and week. 

0 Likes