Home Network Encryption Alert
johnnynew2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting this alert which is wrong to begin with . The message tells me that my encription is not set correctly there for it may be a security issue . Well I checked the encryption and it is set to WPA2 as it should be for this Quantum 1100 router . This is not the first time I have received wrong information AKA my location is not always correct , as a matter of fact it sometimes isn't even showing the correct state . I never pay much attention to the message but it is annoying that it pops up every time that I sign in and has been for weeks . Is there any way to delete or reset those notification messages ?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Home Network Encryption Alert
ike71
Contributor - Level 1

I get the same out-of-date "Alert", we are still in the 20th century Verizon FiOS.

johnnynew2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just find it more of an annoyance than anything else as it floats down the page as you scroll down , if you don't close it . There must have been some type of issue yesterday with data transfer in the afternoon too . I signed in today to find 3 e-mails with time stamps which never showed up yesterday afternoon when I was signed into the site . I'm begining to wonder what's going on with the Fios in this area . It seems as if when we are streaming an on demand or net flix movie that sometimes the screen just freezes for a second or two . There is no reason for this because we only have 1 tv , no digital recorder or any other devices active at the same time . 

meknjinear
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup, same here.  I changed to WPA2 encryption on my wireless home network a good two weeks ago and the dunning alert is still popping up.  Plus I have two other alerts, one asking me to activate the two replacement STB's that are already activated.  How difficult would it be for Verizon to add a "Delete Alert" option?  D-oh! 

0 Likes
johnnynew2u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would say get used to it , because I have been getting it for over a month . It's actually funny that their software doesn't even recognize what type of router is actually installed at the location  , let alone the type of encryption that is selected by the end user . I have looked for a way to reset or as you say delete the message but apparently that has to be done on Verizons end .

0 Likes